Sign in to follow this  

losing water

HI new here. I have a 2006 wr250f and I put a 14to1 compression pistion in and stage 2 cams, and rejetted the carb. After putting it together and running it hard it has lost half its rad coolent. I dont see a leak ? Any help would be great. Thanks

To help you out we need some more info.

Where is it going?

Is your bike overheating and coming out the overflow tube?

Is it going into the crankcase via the head gasket?

Is it a loose hose?

I would guess head gasket...did you surface the head and cylinder when you put it back together?

I would guess head gasket...did you surface the head and cylinder when you put it back together?

My guess too. Shouldnt have to resurface the head necissarily but making sure the head and cylinder mating surfaces are super clean is key. I am willing to bet if you have someone watch you take off under hard acceleration they will see coolant shooting out the overflow tube. When the head gasket isnt sealed properly the cylinder pressures at higher rpm under load will actually over pressurize the cooling system and force coolant past the radiator cap and out the overflow tube. Oh just a side note here. I reroute the overflow tube to the outside of the frame so I can see it. That way if there is ever and issue I catch it right away. Good luck. :banana:

My guess too. Shouldnt have to resurface the head necissarily but making sure the head and cylinder mating surfaces are super clean is key. I am willing to bet if you have someone watch you take off under hard acceleration they will see coolant shooting out the overflow tube. When the head gasket isnt sealed properly the cylinder pressures at higher rpm under load will actually over pressurize the cooling system and force coolant past the radiator cap and out the overflow tube. Oh just a side note here. I reroute the overflow tube to the outside of the frame so I can see it. That way if there is ever and issue I catch it right away. Good luck. :banana:

That's what I thoght, too, but went thru 2 head gaskets on my 426 before I broek out the glass plate and 600 grit emery paper. Since then, no problemos...

I will check the head and cylender, not sure about over flow, head and cyclender where clean. temp 220

That's what I thoght, too, but went thru 2 head gaskets on my 426 before I broek out the glass plate and 600 grit emery paper. Since then, no problemos...

Yeah thats what I do too. I start with 200 grit and then finish with 400. What I meant was it shouldnt have to be resurfaced ie taken to a machine shop and surfaced on a machine.

Yeah thats what I do too. I start with 200 grit and then finish with 400. What I meant was it shouldnt have to be resurfaced ie taken to a machine shop and surfaced on a machine.

Agreed...just "kissed" to clean it up and be sure everything is true.

Ok it did not work. Had a race Saturday and the two heat races same thing lost half my water. Just put big bore kit on and going to send head to the shop to get checked. Man what a differants eletronics makes.

Can I put a YZ250F head on my wr?

Thanks

hey have you checked the water leak with ur bike running, but on a bike stand I mean i think your water may be coming out of the little hole in the water pump cover, but thats just me though

took head to machine shop they check it and it is worped just a little. they are cleaning it up. But Iwould like to put a YZ250F head on can get one ported and read to install for

750.00. I have a 290 bb kit on it stage 2 cams jetted carb and vortex elect. other than porting what elese can i do to it. It needs to be faster and pull harder.

Water came out the over flow