Sign in to follow this  

09 side panels?

I had trouble putting mine back on until I looked under the rear fender and saw that the inner edge of the side panel has to slip between the rear fender and the subframe. Not sure if this is what you are having trouble with but it caught me by surprize.

I had trouble putting mine back on until I looked under the rear fender and saw that the inner edge of the side panel has to slip between the rear fender and the subframe. Not sure if this is what you are having trouble with but it caught me by surprize.

Yeah, you have to look to make sure it slips in between...

+1 on what the others said. Also, it is way easier with the seat off. What I do (with seat off) is partially insert the top tab on the airbox. I then rotate the panel down while pressing inward on the middle tab, so that it goes into the airbox slot. Once its started, insert the bottom tab while rotating down. Insert the tabs fully, then worry about the rib getting in between the finder a subframe. The big issue seems to be the middle aribox tab, as some inward pressure is required to make it line up (otherwise it tends to end up on the outside of the airbox instead of the slot).

Thanks guys. Sometimes it just slips in place and fits perfect but other times it requires some force to get it to line up with the bolt holes. Should it require any force to line up or just fall in place?