Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to swap a 2003 Rm 85 fork to an 2004Yz 85 fork?

Hi I might be buying a 2004 Yz 85, and I have revalved suspension on my Rm 85. So I want to put the revalved suspension on the 2004 Yz 85 if I buy it. And then swap the Yz 85 fork to the Rm 85.

Any suggestions if this works?

Because it has way more power! And also has a bigger piston in it, and overall a better bike.

Have you ever messed with the PV on the RM? I had a YZ85 and it was a screamer though....

According to the Racetech website the fork tubes are a different size, and the RM forks are Showa and the YZ KYB. The brake caliper is probably also different so that leaves adapting the RM front end to the YZ, possibly a difficult task.

But is it still possible?

ONLY if the triple clamp will bolt in but then you'll have to use the RM front brakes / wheel / axle / bars....... I don't think it'll work...

BTW that YZ isn't any faster than your RM and the power valve in the RM makes it alot better woods bike....better low end power

Okay. And yes the Yz is way faster. It has a Big bore kit in it, larger Piston, has an FMF silencer and an FMF Pipe. And plus I dont want to use it for trails, I race motocross. And also I have rode the 2004 Yz 85 already at the track and it has extremely more power.

Edited by rusty1916