Sign in to follow this  

Supercross 338 no show let me guess?

canada and a criminal record?? I dont know for sure but dui's etc. are problems for crossing into canada. just a guess. maybe assault is the same way.

I don't believe they let felons in.

I don't believe they let felons in.

Thats a shame, I bet JLaw really had something for the Ryans this weekend too!

• Like 1

Thats a shame, I bet JLaw really had something for the Ryans this weekend too!

At this rate my prediction that JokeLaw would be done by the end of the year is looking good.

Who cares? He didn't race againe, wow.

MAX!!!

• Like 1

He's on probation, cannot leave the country. He will be back next week.

Is aggravated assault a felony or misdemeanor?

Not positive but pretty sure it was a felony.

Not positive but pretty sure it was a felony.

anything less then a year in county jail is usually a misdemeanor

over a year is generally a felony and automatic prison time

i believe lawrence did his time in a substation

He was afraid they wouldn't recognize him as an American citizen, upon his return, and he would be trapped in the Great White North.

Bad-deal..We give you the #108 and we get the #338. No-thanks.

Former Western Region 250cc Supercross Champion Jason Lawrence was booked and arrested on Tuesday, September 8, on charges related to his assault of his friend Ryan McPhillips last summer. Lawrence was sentenced to one year in a Riverside County jail, but has yet to be placed into a specific facility.

In a conversation with Lawrence’s agent Scott Sepkovic this morning, Wednesday, September 9, we learned that the J-Law Inc. team will carry on in 2010 and beyond, with team riders to be named shortly.

“The judge was very favorable,” said Sepkovic. “In the end, I believe that the final outcome will be a positive one.”

my guess would be it was a misdemeanor

Was he convicted of those charges? Seems like they usually end up doing a plea bargain of some sort.

Also; shouldn't thread title be - "What happened to JLaw at Toronto?" to keep with tradition.

Also; shouldn't thread title be - "What happened to JLaw at Toronto?" to keep with tradition.

NO! We had a gentleman's agreement that we would only post that IF he podiums! Right, right? :banana:

Okay, maybe not. But a man can still dream can't he!

two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of battery with serious bodily injury, and one count of mayhem.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/motocross/2009/09/09/lawrence-sentenced-to-jail

Assault with a deadly weapon

http://www.freeridermx.com.au/news/latest-buzz/1120-j-law-sentenced-to-prison

Case SWF027088 - Defendants

Seq Defendant Next Court Date Status Agency /

DR Number Arrest Date Count 1 Charge Violation Date 1 LAWRENCE, JASON DANIEL RSLE

L08227087 08/07/2008 PC 245(A)(1) 08/07/2008 ALIAS: LAWRENCE, JASON DONALD

Case SWM070768 Defendant 1286276 LAWRENCE, JASON DANIEL - Status

CustodyIn CustodyFiling TypeCertified to Superior Filing Date12/09/2008Ordered Bail$0.00 Posted Bail$0.00D.A.K. Fuller by DDA D. BeloussovDefenseCo-Defense Counsel PVT Steve YNext Action:Sentencing

09/08/2009 AT 8:30 AM DEPT. S202Deputy Report #:RSLE L08227087

WarrantTypeStatusIssuedAffidavit ARR RECALLED 12/11/2008 N/A ProbationTypeGrantedExpirationFormal09/08/200909/07/2012SentenceConvicted DateCounty JailCTS04/15/2009 365 Days 2 Days State PrisonMax Sentence N/A N/A Fine and PenaltyRestitution FineRestitution to Victim 0 N/A

Case SWM070768 Defendant 1286276 LAWRENCE, JASON DANIEL - Charges

Arrest ChargesCountChargeSeverityDescriptionViolation DatePleaStatus1 PC 245(A)(1) F Assault w/deadly weapon/instrument non-firearm produce GBI 08/07/2008 Filed ChargesCountChargeSeverityDescriptionViolation DatePleaStatus1 PC 245(A)(1) F Assault w/deadly weapon/instrument non-firearm produce GBI 08/07/2008 CERT ACTIVE 2 PC 203 F Mayhem 08/07/2008 CERT ACTIVE 3 PC 243(D) F Force/Inflict Injury 08/07/2008 CERT ACTIVE Amended ChargesCountChargeSeverityDescriptionViolation DatePleaStatus4 PC 245(A)(1) F Assault w/deadly weapon/instrument non-firearm produce GBI 08/07/2008 GUILTY CERTIFIED Certified ChargesCountChargeSeverityDescriptionViolation DatePleaStatus1 PC 245(A)(1) F Assault w/deadly weapon/instrument non-firearm produce GBI 08/07/2008 DISMISSED 2 PC 203 F Mayhem 08/07/2008 DISMISSED 3 PC 243(D) F Force/Inflict Injury 08/07/2008 DISMISSED 4 PC 245(A)(1) F Assault w/deadly weapon/instrument non-firearm produce GBI 08/07/2008 GUILTY CONVICTED

Case SWM070768 Defendant 1286276 LAWRENCE, JASON DANIEL - Probation

Probation Type: FORMAL Granted: 09/08/2009 Expire: 09/07/2012

FORMAL PROBATION IS GRANTED FOR A PERIOD OF 36 MONTHS UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1) OBEY ALL LAWS, ORDINANCES, AND COURT ORDERS. 2) BE COMMITTED TO THE CUSTODY OF THE RIVERSIDE COUNTY SHERIFF FOR 365 DAYS; 3) PAY RESTITUTION (VICTIM) IN AMOUNT DETERMINED & PAYABLE TO COURT, AS DIRECTED BY ENHANCE COLLECTION DIV; ANY DISPUTES TO BE RESOLVED IN COURT HEARING 4) ABSTAIN FROM THE USE OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES; DO NOT FREQUENT PLACES WHERE IT IS THE MAIN ITEM OF SALE. 5) SUBMIT TO IMMED SEARCH OF PERSON,AUTO,HOME,PREMISES,GARAGE,STORAGE AREAS & PERSONAL/LEASED PROPERTY WITH OR W/O CAUSE BY PO OR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER 6) DNA SAMPLE SHALL BE PROVIDED AS DIRECTED BY THE PROBATION DEPARTMENT OR LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL PURSUANT TO PENAL CODE SECTION 296(A). AUTHORIZED AGENCY TO FORWARD SPECIMENS TO DOJ FOR ANALYSIS. 7) DO NOT ANNOY, HARASS, THREATEN, OR DISTURB THE PEACE OF RYAN M. 8) NOT ASSOCIATE WITH ANY UNRELATED PERSON YOU KNOW TO BE ON PROBATION OR PAROLE. 9) RESIDE AT A RESIDENCE APPROVED BY THE PROBATION OFFICER AND NOT MOVE WITHOUT HIS/HER PRIOR APPROVAL. 10) SEEK AND MAINTAIN GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT OR ATTEND A FULL-TIME SCHOOL OR VOCATIONAL PROGRAM; 11) NOT LEAVE THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING WRITTEN PERMISSION OF THE PROBATION OFFICER. 12) IF EXPELLED OR DEPORTED, DO NOT RE-ENTER THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY. IF EXPELLED OR DEPORTED, DO NOT RE-ENTER THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALY. 13) IF EXPELLED, DEPORTED, OR VOLUNTARILY LEAVE THE UNITED STATES, YOU MUST RPT TO PROBATION BY TELEPHONE OR IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF DEPORTATION. 14) REPORT TO PROBATION OFFICER IMMEDIATELY OR WITHIN 2 DAYS OF RELEASE FROM CUSTODY FOR INITIAL INSTRUCTIONS, AND FOLLOW ALL REASONABLE DIRECTIVES OF PO. 15) REPORT ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT CONTACTS TO THE PROBATION OFFICER WITHIN 48 HOURS.

Case SWM070768 Defendant 1286276 LAWRENCE, JASON DANIEL - Related Cases On Calendar