Sign in to follow this  

rad fluid level

when I check my rad it seems like the fluid is very low. you cant really see it in the rad. when I top it up(50 to 100 ml) it spits it back out to this position. Just wondering if its a bad rad cap or this is pretty normal. should it be right to the top of the rad? thanks in advance

matt

when I check my rad it seems like the fluid is very low. you cant really see it in the rad. when I top it up(50 to 100 ml) it spits it back out to this position. Just wondering if its a bad rad cap or this is pretty normal. should it be right to the top of the rad? thanks in advance

matt

It may be the cap,, but, You would be very lucky if it was...after riding it, park it on a clean surface, and look for stains that the coolant would leave,,look on Your trailers floor also,,,to find out if it is an external, or internal leak....good luck....Dr.D...

There usually is a small air space at the top, but you should be able to see it when you take the cap off.

Should always be covering radiator cores. It may settle below the neck but should normally still be visible.

Quick check (when cold!!) just stick your finger in filler and if it gets wet before it hits the core, it is good.

Try some grease or o-ring lube on the seal inside your filler cap.

If your not sure, stick one or these on your rad; http://racetemp.com/

ok had some time today. added 300 ml. a little sick to my stomach. ran it for a less than 5 min. starts coming out the overflow immediatley. doesnt seem to pressurize. i hope its just the cap. any comments? doesnt seem to leak anywhere else.

thanks

It may go down a little with no pressure, but I think there would still be some in there. At least more than needing 300 ml. If it looks like its only coming from the cap, replace it and see what happens. Borrow one of your buddies if you can before buying one.

It may go down a little with no pressure, but I think there would still be some in there. At least more than needing 300 ml. If it looks like its only coming from the cap, replace it and see what happens. Borrow one of your buddies if you can before buying one.

Yeah,, that sounds like it could be the cap,,it's worth a try....Dr.D...