Sign in to follow this  

drz jettin question, ugh sorry eddie

I know this questions prolly been answered 1000000 times but

2007 DRZ400SM at 790ft altitude: stock carb, mrd-ssw pipe (no spark/quiet cap) coming in the mail, k&n air filter, 3x3 gettin cut tomorrow and ordering James Dean Jetting 36mm jetting kit tomorrow

From what I hear:

160 main jet

blue needle 4th clip

25 pilot jet

fuel screw out 2.5 turns

I just hate carb work and want once to be enough.

Thanks for your time to anyone who replies.

I got a DJ kit and it didnt seem to come with any pilot jets is this right?? Tons of main jets though

132-160mj

what is the size of the stock pilot? should I wait and buy a diff pilot before I install? As of right now I have an FMF powercore 4 slip on and I believe a KN, I havent done the 3x3 mod yet

Hello, Im new to the site and the DRZ. I sold my sport bike to try the motard scene and while searching for info, came across this thread.

Similiar question: 2007 DRZ 400SM, stock carb, 3x3 mod, full LV exhaust, 350' elevation, James Dean JDS005 kit on order..... what combination do I need? TIA

Hello, Im new to the site and the DRZ. I sold my sport bike to try the motard scene and while searching for info, came across this thread.

Similiar question: 2007 DRZ 400SM, stock carb, 3x3 mod, full LV exhaust, 350' elevation, James Dean JDS005 kit on order..... what combination do I need? TIA

Same as the first post assuming an open exhaust (no quiet insert, etc.).

If you add the Keintech extended fuel screw (makes adjustments on the bike much easier) run the factory 22.5 pilot jet.

Same as the first post assuming an open exhaust (no quiet insert, etc.).

If you add the Keintech extended fuel screw (makes adjustments on the bike much easier) run the factory 22.5 pilot jet.

Thanks for the info. I plan to take pics of the instal. Never enough pic/step by step/instal threads IMO :banana: Any other input is welcome, trying to learn something new!

what is the size of the stock pilot? should I wait and buy a diff pilot before I install? As of right now I have an FMF powercore 4 slip on and I believe a KN, I havent done the 3x3 mod yet

22.5 stock PJ used with Keintech extended fuel screw

25 PJ used with stock fuel screw

Toss the plug in the garbage.

I never tried it but I hear you can adjust the factory screw with the carb on the bike if you use one of those tiny screwdrivers made for that task.

Yes, the extended screw is worth the money (to me, anyway).

Well I installed the DJ kit last night. It was fairly easy the hardest part was getting the carb out lol. I have a kn, 3x3, and powercore4 slip on. I ended up installing the 155 mj and turning the fuel mixture screw 3 1/4 out. when I rode it today I had alot back firing and not alot power. I was able to adjust the Stock fuel screw while on the bike and turned it out 4 turns. and it seemed to be running better... I just ordered the extended fuel screw and MCCT from thumpertalk tonight. Hope this helps out my situation!