Which Flywheel weight for woods Work??

I only ride woods and have either the 10 or 11 oz on my 05. I had to grind a couple minor spots to get it in.

If I were to get another one I would go heavier. Reason being is that I also have a KTM 200xcw and had a ktm 300xcw and both of them seem to be about impossible to stall due to heavy flywheels.

I will soon be swapping out the aluminum clutch plates for steel in hopes for more flywheel effect and less oil contamination.

I have a 9oz in my 07. For woods only I would go heavier. Though my current thinking is to upgrade to a Hinson steel clutch basket and keep the 9oz.

People always say that upgrading to steel clutch plates act like more flywheel, but with the clutch in those steel plates are weighting the drivetrain side and not the crank side. I would think with on and off clutch they would cause a certain amount of stalling.

Your right steel clutch plates load the transmission side,so they only add mass with the clutch engaged.Flywheel weight is not only to make the engine stall less it helps the bike get traction by slowing acceleration.My 07 CR250 is still plenty snotty with 13oz and steel clutches.It hooks up better on grass sections and is more controllable on slick stuff.If I was MXing Id go lighter but you cant have too much weight in the woods.

i Have no weights on my 89 cr250r and i only ride woods, i have power reeds, and had it bored to a 265 by eric gorr. i never stall my bike in the woods, are these flywheel weights only needed on newer bikes?? im just confused on these things

I had a 1996 cr250 never needed one on it, of course back then I was only riding wider (ATV/ORV) trail. The only time I ever have had issues with stalling is in really tight single track, especially when I had my crf450.

I have a ktm200 and had a ktm 300 and they must come with heavy flywheels, especially on the 300, I could count the revolutions as that thing chugged along at walking speed.