Sign in to follow this  

KLX250S stock rim question

Are there any stock rims from other bikes in the 18 and 21 inch size that will fit right on a 2009 KLX250s? I'm looking for no changes at all, brakes and sprocket all the same sizes and spacing. Maybe change sprocket size but other than that pull the axle and change the wheel.

2009 models do not look too much different to the earlier models.

I bought a set of KDX200 wheels for my 05 KLX and they slot straight in.

I keep one set ready with dual purpose tyres and another set of wheels with knobbies.

I believe the klx300r has the same front and rear rims. I checked www.bikebandit.com and the rear hub for my 250s was the same as the 300r hub. I'm guessing you want a set of rims with street tires and one set with full blown knobs.

You would be correct. Streets and knobs. Ran full streets at the end of the summer last year. Got great mileage and had a lot of fun. Street tires will probably last forever on that bike.

Are there any stock rims from other bikes in the 18 and 21 inch size that will fit right on a 2009 KLX250s? I'm looking for no changes at all, brakes and sprocket all the same sizes and spacing. Maybe change sprocket size but other than that pull the axle and change the wheel.

Rims from KLR and previous models KLXs and also KLX 300 will be the same. The only difference might be the spokes sizes..and the hubs.