Sign in to follow this  

E Model Running too Cold on the Road?

After fitting the 17's to my E I've found that the oil is emulsifying.

I'm starting to worry that the running temperature is too cool with the extra air flow through the rad due to higher speeds.

What would be my options fit a stat that would have to come out for off road, tape up one of the rads or change my oil to a 5/50 what would probably be to thin.

I take it that it will damage the engine if I just ignore it.

Thanks Broadie

Edited by Broadie
I cant spell

White goo on the dipstick like you get with a blown head gasket but nowhere near as bad.

I'm not but I'm led to believe the E has no stat and this never happened when off roading before and now my speed are normally up around 70mph.

Could it be something else like the water pump?

yep doesnt have a t-stat but that doesnt mean its running cold.even it it was running cold that wont cause your problem.

you likely have another issue. water pump,head gasket,clutch cover gasket etc.......

You can add a thermostat if you want to. May not solve your problem but I think it is a good idea anyway. I did.

So what would constitute running too cold anyway? My E runs about 120f to 140f at road speed according to the trailtech with sensor on the left radiator. Goes up quick at stop lights though.

Eddie, I'm all about accurate readings. In my 00' E, is the top left rad a fairly accurate place to get a reading? Or would an inline adapter in the left rad hose be better?

Thanks,

Steve