Sign in to follow this  

Which radiator guards W/IMS tank ?

Gonna order an IMS tank (found the best deal on TT btw.)

I have w,c, rad. guards on now and I've read that they don't work w/ the IMS.

Which guards do fit ? (150 RB)

Will I still be able to get to the top of carb for needle& throttle conection w/o removing the tank ?

I have an IMS tank and just got some of the WC guards. I was not aware that they would not work together. Where did you hear that? I do not want to open them if they will not work.

I'm pretty sure I seen it here,I havent personaly talked to anyone,,but I seem to remember crap that I DONT want to hear. I searched earlier and couldnt find anything about this for the 150, I dont know, maybe call IMS & ask ?

My w.c. guards front support angle brackets go Under the stock tank( at the bottom front of the tank) theres not much clearance at all.

Maybe they do work. just wanted to ask someone thats done it .

I'd be HAPPY if they do !!

REMOTE: Just went out & mesured the clearance from bottom of tank to top of the guards cross support (The 8" spacer bar ) I've got less than 3/4" to spare ,And from the IMS pics. thats is the aproximite location on their tank where it"s larger.

AND the side braces are real close 3/8" to the bottom near the front of tank.

when you get your tank and want to sell your origional braces let me know, I'd be interested.

I have a tank for you.

Save some cash

Let me know

Im in nor cal so it would only be a few days shipping to colorado.

whatttt>??????? tons of people are waiting to hear from you, I'm one of them, I want to buy your old guards and drew02 wants to sell you a tank at a discount.... re-read your thread bro.

Yep, I was thinking that out of that tons of people someone would would have an answer to my question. But thanks for paying attention:thumbsup:

Hey I re-read my post and I sounded crappy in there, wasn't my intent, but I'd love to buy your old guards when you find some new ones.

Day; just got the tank today,will install this weekend & let you know.

Well, here it isn't ; The tank is set w/ all the mounting holes lined up,no worky!

P1010002.jpg

]

I think Im gonna try some Flatlands, buy em from a local shop, so they'll be easier to return if they dont work.

I think Im gonna try some Flatlands, buy em from a local shop, so they'll be easier to return if they dont work.

old tri, Thanks for the info. Let us know on the flatland's. Also if your local shop does mail order, and they do fit, i would also support them for helping our cause.

Thank you sir

Out of the 2 bike shops in co.springs none deal w/ flatlands, One of the parts guys called Tucker-Rocky .they told him they didn't have anything that would fit, but the guy at T.R. told him he'd call the shop on tues. and let them know if they (T.R.) would be able to fab. one at their shop.

I called flatlands and the person I spoke to said as "far as he knows" none of their braces interfere W/ the IMS ,Didin't sound very positive though,, I'll wait till tuesday.

Theres very little room between the tank & the back of the rad.( And everything else.)

I have a set of flatlands on the way i will report back when I get them. i talked to them and they were unsure if they would fit with the IMS. Fingers Crossed.