Sign in to follow this  

Getting started in trials

Hey everybody, got a question. I live in East Tennessee, and I'm a "high time" rider (been riding since '72) and I've ridden a variety of motorcycles like Enduro, MX, etc.Also, I've been riding on 2 wheels in one way or another since my first 20" BMX bike at age 8, so quite a while.

When I first became interested in trials as a teenager, everyone was riding either a Bul, an Ossa, or a Montessa. So I've been around for quite a while (I remember when motorcycles had 2 shocks, and bicycles had none!)

So, my question: where can I find a dedicated Trials motorcycle, that isn't cost prohibitive? Also, what size? I'm 6' 5" and 250 lbs, so I dont want something that wont haul me without a fight. Also, I'm in it for the recreation, so I'm not racing. Just me, the bike, and some steep mountain terrain.

I appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks,

Mark

Any fairly modern 250 has plenty of power. The GG200 (175cc)is a sweet bike with plenty of power. A 2000 to a 2004 should be pretty reasonable. I have a very nice TY350 mono that I might sell if your not wanting to compete in the expert class it would be a good cheap bike.

If you are able , this THE event for you to attend "trials training days" At The Trials training center on 27-28 of march . world class trials riders teaching , usually all the bike makers have the new bikes there , all kinds of used bikes for sale , a total trials mecca at the best trials venue in the country !! Go if you are able !! It would be a GREAT start for your trials career !! IF you have any questions, Please feel free to ask , Chad.:banana:

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/blog/post/1487/

Edited by polarity3232
add link