Sign in to follow this  

How do I get this spark plug out!!

This 07 250xcf-w does not have the KTM tool bag. I can't get a standard 5/8" plug socket to fit down in that plug hole? Does anyone have the socket that works that can measure the o.d. I will just turn down my plug socket.

:banana::banghead:

Thanks in advance!

This 07 250xcf-w does not have the KTM tool bag. I can't get a standard 5/8" plug socket to fit down in that plug hole? Does anyone have the socket that works that can measure the o.d. I will just turn down my plug socket.

:banana::banghead:

Thanks in advance!

0.776 in. is the OD of my plug wrench. I use the wrench that comes with my CRF250X.
  • Like 1

the stock style barely work too, they drag and are a pain to work with. Ive thot about turning one down myself, but only have to change a plug once a year or so so I have not done it yet.

I don't even know that I need to change plugs, but I thought I'd at least better be prepared in case I do! Thanks for the info. I'll turn one down and see what happens.

the measurement I gave was flat to flat. It is not a round wrench that I use.

most standart 16 mm (5/8) plug sockets wil not fit . i make them a litle smaller outside , you can do this in a lathe or just grinding . you have to take of abouth 1 mm . max is 13/16 (21 mm ) outside

Note: Problem solved, I turned my standard plug socket down to .780 O.D.

worked perfect.