Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone else had bad service from Cycra?

I placed an order directly from Cycra on 2-11-10 and after 3 weeks I called and they said they had been on backorder and would be shipped out that week. Called again a few days later and they said they were still on backorder. Now its 3-14-10, over a month, and they still haven't shipped out. I like their products, but now this is just getting ridiculous. Anyone else shared my frustrations? :banana:

Backorders are, unfortunatly, nothing new in the motorcycle industry.

I've not had problems with Cycra as such, but have with many other manufacturers and companies.

I waited on a pair of fork springs from Race Tech for 3 months one time, never did get them. Cancelled the order, and after another month backorder wait, finally got them from another place. Couple of years ago, I had 6 items on order through our local shop, 4 of them were on backorder.

Cancell the order with Cycra, and see if you can get a set through another source/supplier.

I dont think its a timing thing: I ordered a set of hand guards around the same time as you and they arrived in less than a week. Backordered stuff is always a problem regardless of what it is or where it is ordered because a lot of the time the manufacturer won't produce the item until there is a certain amount of orders/demand present. This is something that cannot be predicted unless it is current-year oem parts. I would try and find the items elswhere and then cancel if you find them, otherwise, you will just have to wait and not take the eta too seriously as they just do not know.

A couple months ago, I called Cycra to ask about a white set of plastics for my 2001 YZ-250, and the woman who answered the phone there was rude to me in informing me that they don't make white plastics for a 2001.

Got them no problem from UFO.

I understand a backorder, but for over a month?! And then saying they will ship out that week, and they don't. Quite bad service IMO.