Sign in to follow this  

Best Tires for 250R

On a 2010 250r what would be your favorite front and rear tire? One some cars you can get a size bigger tire and do better, does anybody run a different size tire than stock and have good results? Whats the pros and cons of this? I want a good all around tire, I dont have time to switch them. Michelin? I always have good luck with them in any other sport.

just used up my stock ones. putting MX 51's on. same size front and goin to a 110 rear instead of the 100

The bigger you go on the rear, the more strain it puts on the tranny. And esentially creates more "drag" plus, staying with the 100 is good because they easily track through ruts.

just used up my stock ones. putting MX 51's on. same size front and goin to a 110 rear instead of the 100

The wider the tire the worse the cornering will be... if you ride trails fine, but for MX I'd stick with stock width.

i ran a 110/80-19 instead of the stock 100/90-19 and it tracked really well in the ruts

+1 on the mx51 i have it on the rear only though. im getting an mx51 for the front soon

Just switched to Bridgestone 403 and 404`s and I`ve only had about 2 rides on them because of the weather but they worked really well. I had mx51`s and Kenda Washougal`s on before that and the Bridgestone work better on harder surfaces. It all depends on what kind of dirt your running on.