Sign in to follow this  

08 CRF450R, Good Buy?

So my 2 stroke blew up yesterday and I'm done mixing gas. The dealerships here have leftover 2008 models on their floor. Those of you that own the 08 model, has it been a great bike? I do not plan to race and it may never see a track. The majority of my riding is trail riding. Thanks in advance for helping a newb.

I bought my '08 new in August of last year for $4,500.00 and could not be happier with it. Definitely a great bike! :banana:

Bought mine in June or July 2009 for $4500. Couldn't be happier. Not a single problem with the bike. A lot of people say that the forks are harsh in the stock form, but I love the forks. :banana:

127 hours without any problems on my 08 when i sold it. Go get one -you will love it!

I agree it a great bike but. You will need suspension done, I also put on a rekluse, flywheel weight, scotts steering damper, G2 throttle. I love it. I race Hare scrambles and it is awesome in the woods.

You will absolutely love the bike. Bought mine in September from Western for 4500 otd. Just sold my xr600, but still hanging on to my 03 cr250r. Go get it now!

Depends on the trail riding you do. If its just for fun and the trails are not tight and technical, it's a great bike. If you get into a lot of 1st gear clutch riding, you will hate it if you don't do some modifications.