Sign in to follow this  

RM 85 aftermarket shock linkage

Does anyone know what the pr2 linkage does to these late model rm85s. I have a friend that has the linkage on one of his sons bikes and he is set on getting another linkage for his second bike. I'm not to familiar with the 85s, what are the known issues. From what I've read so far they sound unbalanced...

Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone know what the pr2 linkage does to these late model rm85s. I have a friend that has the linkage on one of his sons bikes and he is set on getting another linkage for his second bike. I'm not to familiar with the 85s, what are the known issues. From what I've read so far they sound unbalanced...

Any info would be appreciated.

Designed to correct the initial harshness and mid-stroke “spike” associated with the stock linkage system. It changes the leverage ratio to handle small, choppy acceleration

Designed to correct the initial harshness and mid-stroke “spike” associated with the stock linkage system. It changes the leverage ratio to handle small, choppy acceleration

Thanks Russ, is the linkage necessary or can this rear end be made to work good without it. Does anyone know if the linkage raises or lowers the rear?

Thanks.

Thanks Russ, is the linkage necessary or can this rear end be made to work good without it. Does anyone know if the linkage raises or lowers the rear?

Thanks.

I've installed a few and like Russ said they really help smooth the back end out on that bike. IMO all the rest of the 85's can be made to work without replacing the linkage but unless you have a really aggresive rider it's almost a nessesity on the RM.

doc

I've installed a few and like Russ said they really help smooth the back end out on that bike. IMO all the rest of the 85's can be made to work without replacing the linkage but unless you have a really aggresive rider it's almost a nessesity on the RM.

doc

Thanks doc.