Sign in to follow this  

I'm an idiot...what parts do I need to order?

What's up guys, so I was had a started a thread a while ago asking how to get a more accurate reading on my 2000 E with my Vapor. It was in the bleeder screw in the top left rad. Problem was that it wouldn't read very high unless stopped. Anyway, a lot of people responded and said they installed it in the bleed screw in the T-stat. Well, a couple of weeks go by, and I remembered reading, the water pump housing. I just don't think sometimes.

Anyway, I installed the sender and cranked it up. I heard a slight whirling and then realized what I did. The temp sender is too long and is probably touching the impeller.

So, new impeller and new seals? What kind of coolant are most of you guys running?

Steve

Dang Steve, No help on the parts but I did send you a pm on ADVRIDER about a ride this Saturday. Hope you can make it!

Dang Steve, No help on the parts but I did send you a pm on ADVRIDER about a ride this Saturday. Hope you can make it!

Dude, I actually have this Sat off. Gotta work early on Sunday, so as long as I'm not home too late, I'll be fine.

I'm doing the loctite fixes Thursday, so I should be up and running on Friday...that is, as long as I quit screwing up my bike!

I'll get in touch with you on adv...

Steve

I just put the sender back to the top left rad, and put the drain plug back in. I ran it for a minute or two and it sounded fine, but I'm sure I've damaged the impeller. I'm doing the loctite fixes on Thursday, so I may as well replace the impeller.

So, is there an upgrade that I should do? Or is OEM just fine.

Thanks,

Steve