DRZ Repair Question - Hole in Engine Case

I have an '02 DRZ 400 all stock except for the DOT knobbies, corbin saddle, and oversized rear sprocket. Riding it in a rocky offroad area I lost control and wrecked. I ended up smashing the bike into a cobble the size of a soccer ball. It punctured the case just above the frame below the drive sprocket. The hole is the size of 2-3 grains of rice stacked lenghtwise. I haven't been able to find a half of a case for sale anywhere, and I can't afford a whole new motor for the bike. I have used a couple different patch materials, but they don't seem to hold up long. PLEASE HELP. Spring is here and I want to be riding! Any suggestion as to the best course of action for this situation??

If it is not very big & not caves in hitting something inside I would think that a good two part epoxy to stop it up. Yuo need to clean it cleaner than clean to get rid of any oily residue, sand it slightly so it will stick, then apply the epoxy. Should work.

A friend of mine punctured his engine case(2002 DRZ). He used JB weld on it a few years ago. No problems since. Take your time and do it right...then get a case cover. That will cover the blemish and JB weld. Unless, I have misunderstood the location of the puncture. Good luck.

Hey buddy look for a two part product called Belzona. It is a really amazing product that earned respect on my boat. I am in the Coast Guard and we used it as an emergency patch on some holes up to 1/4" or so on our Fuel tanks. It held up until we went into dry dock for at least 6 months. it never leaked! The trick for any of these fixes is to clean very well and rough up the surface. Cast aluminum is very porous so it should adhere well then just before applying clean again with denatured alcohol.

good luck