Replaced Clutch wont disengage

I recently just replaced the clutch plates on my bike, (07 crf450r), due to being burnt out. my local mechanic replaced the worn plates with EBC racing plates and adjusted the play to be perfect. i went to the track and rode for about 45 minutes then the clutch completey engaged (aka as if i was holding it in completely yet it was fully released) and i could not get it into gear. the clutch kept spinning and spinning and the cable became extremly tight again. :banana: what could cause this??

If the clutch basket has grooves in it from the tabs on the clutch plate, that would do it. If you disassemble the clutch basket, you can file the splines smooth, clean it up really well and reassemble. I think you need an impact wrench to do this. The mechanic should have know to look for this issue.

i know for a fact they were not soaked over night i asked he said it was a few hours. would loosness cause the plates to move over the hour i rode and cause the groove you speak of? i take it in tomorrow to fix this.

Put the pressure plate into the basket without the plates and see if it slides smoothley. I had burn up 2 sets of new plates and thin ended up being the problem. The pressure plate wears and won't seat into the basket causing it to keep slipping untill its smoked.

would this have been caused prior to the replacement to the oem plates or due to incorrect installation? as i have not experienced this problem proir to or even the few minutes riding back to my truck after the clutch slipped completely.