Sign in to follow this  

105sx ideling weird

I took my 2008 105sx out for the first time since the snow melted and when I was letting it idle out the bike slowly started reving up very steadly on it`s own eventually reaching full throttle on it`s own while idleing! why is this happening and how do I fix it?

this is a video I took the same day before the issue came up do you guys think it sounds okay?

Edited by Hall3423

i have no idea all i can come up wi th is a problem in the carb or old fuel. did you start the bike up and run it at all over the winter?? or put any stabil in the fuel??

that would sometimes happen to my 105 but it would just start idling wide open there is a screw on the bottom of the carb to adjust the idle it must be lose and the vibrations from the idle must be loosening it more to increase it

yea im gonna take some tools to my riding spot with me tomorrow so i can do some final tuning :banana: by any chance does anyone know how much psi the compression should be for the cylinder?

you said you where runnning it dry right

i've heard this can happen because when you turn off the petcock right before the engine dies it creates a lean mixture creating the revs to go up like it wide open

i've heard its nothing, start your bike and keep the fuel on, if it happens when idling with the fuel on then you have problems

you can just drain the float bowl with the big screw at the bottom instead of running it dry by turning off the fuel

by any chance does anyone know how much psi the compression should be for the cylinder?

160+ psi, can vary with your altitude.

thanks guys for the info, im gonna check the compression today along with the power valve.

were do you live in Ontario that you are all ready riding?

I live in sault ste marie, theres still snow in the bush in areas but the snow is all gone at my riding area :banana: