Sign in to follow this  

07 Subframe the same as 09?

I'm need to buy a subframe for an 07 450x. I found a used one' but is 08/09 model year. The part number is the same for the 07 vs. 09 air box, but the 09 subframe has a diffrent part number than the 07. They look Identical in pictures on the parts microfiche and in real photos online. will it fit?

I worked at a parts dealer and alomst 100% of the time if its a different part number its a different part... Dealers make it as easy as possible for themselves as possible when it comes to part number changing for the same part in my experience. I havent heard anything on that particular parts matching up but your best would be to call a dealer and ask the parts guys if its the same part, someone at the dealer is bound to give you a 100% answer.

With that said if they look really similiar then you might be able to work the 07 one onto the 09 one. Oddly enough I had a 08450r titanium subfram on my 04250R... Everything bolted up fine but the only thing i had to do was force it onto the area where you stick the bolts through at the actual frame, the 450 one was a little bit too narrow.

Call a dealer unless someone here has particular experience with those two parts coinciding with each other. Best of luck