Sign in to follow this  

M401/Michelin 110/90/19 Combo??

I bought a 2007 Kx250f awhile back and did some work to it here and there to get it where I want it. The only thing left that I am pondering is the tire choice on there. From the previous owner, it has a Bridgestone M401 on the front and a Michelin Starcross Sand4 110/90/19 (450 tire size) on the back. I read that the 450 size tires on 250f's cause some load and drag. Also, from my understanding the 401 is an intermediate tire. To me it seems like quite the mix so I was thinking of buying a Bridgestone M404 100/90/19 for the rear to match better.

The tires still have good tread... my question is... Is this an off the wall combo and should I get the rear M404, or should I stick with the combo till it's time for new tires?

Here's a pic of the bike, the only thing different about the bike now from the pic is I now have a D.I.D O-Ring Chain:

IMG_1930.jpg

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

I wouldn't worry much about matching brands. I ride a combo of hard pack and loamy intermidiate and my ideal combo is a Michelin MH3 on the front and a Dunlop D756 on the rear.