Sign in to follow this  

EXC Headlight...

I had a little mishap a minute ago and dropped the headlight bulb for my EXC 400. I didn't think much about it until I went to the bike bandit website to order another one...

It was over $30!!! :lol::banana:

That's just too much!!!

Will anything from my local auto parts store work? It's a 12V 35/35w..

There are some other markings on it but I'm not sure how much help they will be:

OSRAMBILUX7327 SLOVAKIA

5237R

I appreciate any help you might have. Thanks guys!!!

what year hundo???? if it is an 08 or newer the dealer has a swiss brand 45/55 halogen for about 12 bucks that fits straight in and is brighter. instead of the big bulbous looking ball bulb it is kinda long and thinner with a black tip and a point on the tip.

i will look and see if i can find a link...

what city are you near or dealer...i know 3bros has them and z-racing

what year hundo???? if it is an 08 or newer the dealer has a swiss brand 45/55 halogen for about 12 bucks that fits straight in and is brighter. instead of the big bulbous looking ball bulb it is kinda long and thinner with a black tip and a point on the tip.

i will look and see if i can find a link...

what city are you near or dealer...i know 3bros has them and z-racing

It's an 02...

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that...

hundo im not sure if it is the same but my bulb looks the same as yours but there is an inner bulb that you compress and rotate and it pops out of the same style carrier as yours.

the inner bulb piece is what i paid 13 bucks for. it looks exactly the same with the point on the tip.

part number 54 is your bulb correct?

http://cyclehuttktm.com/FicheFinderNew/FicheFinder.aspx

if so take that part and look at the end opposite the pointed tip where the 2 spade connectors are. if when you look at that end you see 2 brass looking curved tabs that contact to 2 small gobs of solder then your bulb comes out of that carrier and it is replacable

part number 54 is your bulb correct?

http://cyclehuttktm.com/FicheFinderNew/FicheFinder.aspx

if so take that part and look at the end opposite the pointed tip where the 2 spade connectors are. if when you look at that end you see 2 brass looking curved tabs that contact to 2 small gobs of solder then your bulb comes out of that carrier and it is replacable

Yeah, that's the part. Number 54..

It looks like it's bonded in there with some type of adhesive or ceramic material. I don't think it's replaceable but I could be wrong...

Take the bulb to a good lighting/electrical shop. I found a no name chinese replacement bulb for my 08 here in Phnom Penh Cambodia for $5 and I think I overpaid. Its been shining bright for about 7 months. At least as bright as the factory bulb. The bulb was about 1 mil shorter but I just bent the contacts up a little and it works fine.

he has an 02 and the bulb is this odd shaped plate piece that looks kinda like the bulb holder on your bike and the bulb all in one.

but it is possible