Sign in to follow this  

2002 silicone radiator hoses

Hi i have a 2002 cr 250 and have been all over ebay and every where else looking for some red silicone water hoses for the bike. All i can find are 03 and on hoses. I thought the 02 and 03 motors were the same. Does anyone know if the 03 hoses will work on the 02. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.:banana:

The 2002 was different from the 2003 and up. Hoses are completely different.

The 2002 was different from the 2003 and up. Hoses are completely different.

I think you have your years off. 2002+ are the same basic design.

hondaor77,

If you look at the parts schematic the only difference is the hose going from the cylinder head to the T-fitting. They changed the T-fitting, so if you upgrade that part you should be able to use the hoses off ebay.

Powerfiend, thank you for the help. So if i order a tee fitting from honda for an 03, the 03 hoses will work?. let me know for sure if this is what you meant. Again thank you for the help.

Ok, retarded question but what is the big deal about silicone hoses like CV4?

I was thinking the same thing.

If they need replaced and the cost is close they sure would look purdee.

I was thinking the same thing.

If they need replaced and the cost is close they sure would look purdee.

Yeah looks wise they'd be pretty sweet, but if they cost more than stock the stock ones will be going back on lol :banana:

Yeah looks wise they'd be pretty sweet, but if they cost more than stock the stock ones will be going back on lol :lol:

Yeah I don't think red hoses are like chrome no real horsepower gain. :banana:

But if ya don't mind spending the cash they would like nice.

Ok, retarded question but what is the big deal about silicone hoses like CV4?

Silicone hoses don't stick to the fittings. You'll see them everywhere in heavy duty applications like trucks because they need to be highly serviceable with minimal down time. They also generally have a higher temperature rating. This isn't important in cooling systems which will never see more than 250 degrees F. But, on turbocharged applications, charge air temps can exceed 350F and then you'll see silicone hoses on the air piping.

yes they are pretty, but on my crf450r, the fmf megabom header is real close to the tee fitting. I was burning up hoses like crazy. The hoses is only 1/32 of an inch from the head pipe and the pipe gets red hot. They are real easy to remove too like already said. But they are pretty too, and if you own a dirtbike, money better not be an issue. LOL

Well, this is the 2-stroke forum and you have to be some kind of dirt bike superhero to get the chamber hot enough to damage a hose on a 2-stroke dirt bike, or a desert racer.

• Like 1

Well, 1987CR250R, i see this forum has its share of wise-asses. I like the ease of removal, and they are indeed a better hose. Yes this is a two stroke forum and yes i have a very nice 2-stroke bike, BUT i also race and almost identical, as far as setup goes, Crf450r. Both bikes have a Rekluse , gpr stabilizer, subtanks for the forks and ETC. Do i NEED that stuff, NO. But does it help me ride harder and longer with less physical drain, yes. I will keep my posts to a minimum in this forum, i didnt know it would be a bother. Dirtbike hero my ass. whats the world coming too.

Well, 1987CR250R, i see this forum has its share of wise-asses. I like the ease of removal, and they are indeed a better hose. Yes this is a two stroke forum and yes i have a very nice 2-stroke bike, BUT i also race and almost identical, as far as setup goes, Crf450r. Both bikes have a Rekluse , gpr stabilizer, subtanks for the forks and ETC. Do i NEED that stuff, NO. But does it help me ride harder and longer with less physical drain, yes. I will keep my posts to a minimum in this forum, i didnt know it would be a bother. Dirtbike hero my ass. whats the world coming too.

I don't think he meant it the way you took it, I thought it was pretty funny actually because he's right. The hoses look nice, and after reading about them I could have used them on my RMZ with good results, but on a 2 stroke the heat rating alone isn't enough to get me to buy it (I like the red color though lol), the puncture and UV damage resistance somewhat get me interested but since it doesn't really offer a performance advantage it doesn't do it for me.

Anyhow, no need to run off since all he was saying was we don't have the high heat issues 4 strokes have.

I wasn't trying to be a wise-ass. I just wanted to illustrate a point. My bike runs the pipe about 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch from one of the hoses. It doesn't take but one crash to make the pipe touch the hose. I've been running it that way for over 100 hours, the hose is showing no signs of damage.

I will tell you at work that when I replace some bits of hose I buy the silicone stuff. It runs about $12-14 per foot and a similar piece of conventional hose would be $8 per foot. I do it because many times the hoses get so baked to the fittings that they have to be cut off. Silicone doesn't do this. It reduces down time because I don't have to track down a replacement piece of hose. It also saves me a lot of cuts, bruises, and quarters in the swear jar because the hoses aren't always in easy places to reach and pull on.

You can also apply a dab of silicone based grease to the standard hoses before installing them. They will slide right off the fittings when it comes time to replace them. Valve and seal lubricant is specifically marketed for this but it's the same as dielectric grease if you have some of that.

Well the reason i wanted them for my two stroke was for the ease of removal and their durability. I do alot of maintenence on my bike and dont like the rubber hoses as you dont with your job(1987cr250r). As far as me taking what you said wrong, its just the way i have been treated in every forum and video share site. Everytime i post a question or a video of some awesome helmet cam footage i get someone saying i need to change something or go faster or someone just thinks im a dipshit. go to youtube and watch some woods racing videos and you will see in the comments what i am talking about. i was a member of a different two stroke forum, and every question or post had a smartass comment or suggestion, or somebody saying im dumb for all the money i spend by what they see in the pictures. One guy said i was stupid for powder coating the frame on my 02cr250 black. i was doing a complete rebuild from top to bottom and had the bike completely apart so what the hell. The sevice honda bikes looked sweet on their website with powdercoated frames. Sorry i took what you said wrong. I still have yet to find a definate answer if the 03 hoses would work on my bike. The OEM section at motosport.com list them as the same, but every body lists the hoses from 03-08. Some one said to change the tee fitting and the 03 hoses would work but honda says the tee fitting are the same part # so im lost. I guess i will buy a set of 03 hoses and hope for the best. Thanks to all that answered.

I'd try to call CV4 1 (800) 448-1223. They were very helpful when I recieved the wrong set for my yzf. They exchanged them for the correct ones super quick with minimal hassle. Let us know if you find out that they work, cause I'm interested in getting a set for my 02 CR as well. I don't care, I've still got the originals on there and they're looking a little worked. The CV4 ones look really nice.

I talked to motohose a couple of days ago. I was looking for a set for my 98 cr125,they said if 3 people orderd a set for any bike they would make them. Worth a shot motohose.com :thumbsup:

I talked to motohose a couple of days ago. I was looking for a set for my 98 cr125,they said if 3 people orderd a set for any bike they would make them. Worth a shot motohose.com :smirk:

Moto Hose is the only company that also includes colored hoses for the carb, gas line, tank vent & radiator overflow. :p