Sign in to follow this  

Need advice on rear shock.

Hey guys I need some advice. I took my 2009 yz250f to a local suspension company and got my front forks rebuilt with seals. I also got light front springs and a lighter rear shock as I only way 130. I get the bike home and am looking over it and realize that the rear shock shaft has a glaze of oil on it. I wipe it off and compress the shock and it's back. Do I need to get the rear shock rebuilt also now. Thanks

oil on shaft is not good.It maybe residue from servicing, keep wiping it off and see if it keeps coming back.

thanks, i just had mine done and 140lb. rider it came back .42 front and 4.7 rear. kinda wierd how different companys come up with different rates. mine was fc

Ya it is funny. I had an older retired man do mine, he used to be a factory mechanic for one of the first factory Kawasaki riders. He gives great prices and I'm very pleased so far. Springs for rear and front along with a rebuld, revalve, and seals in the front for 370$. WOW!!

can`t complain about that price. if the set up feels good then u did well. thank for ur info