Just bought an 06 drz400sm!

Well guys i just bought a 2006 drz400sm with 4200 miles for $3400 in southern california!! This bike is so fun so clean and has a full yoshi exhaust system and the 3x3 mod and is so nice!

any other so cal guys?

Also what do you guys do to these things, i look at my bike and i just dont know what else i could possibly do lol. the yoshi exhaust is amazing and the bike hauls.

Any advice on maintence for these puppies.

Lots of you Kalifornistanis here abouts. Some of them will be along soon. What kind of things do you want to do? Lots of options with this bike. You can start with all the loctite mods and just keep going. There is a thread going that chronicles the building of a 60hp monster or you can rejet the stock carb to run optimally at your elevation. Or anything in between.

lol Search function "drz mods list"

But here is what i´ve learned...

3x3 mod

Rejetting- JD Kit

Exhaust (If you want to go further than just exhaust and rejet you want to get MRD SSW)

FCR Carb

Big Bore Kit

Hotcams...

Did i miss anything guys??

Oh and for the looks i thing the edge tail light is the only thing that is really worth it.

heres my mod list on my bike currently.

Full yoshi pipe

3x3 mod

trail tech rear lights with led.

Im in corona california, so riverside/orange county area.

Big bore kits, how realiabe are those for street use. This is my first street type bike. i raced dirtbikes and such so i have an idea but this seems to be a whole new ball game.

The big bores for the DRz have proven to be quite reliable, as long as you stay away from the sleeve kits.

Do the loctite fixes and run an MCCT. These things, along with frequent oil changes, are what will keep your bike trouble free for many thousands of miles.