Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Baxley's MX training facility

does anyone know when baxley's, rosman, brevard or whatever else name there is for the place is going to start having sunday practices again? its the closest track to home and I am ready to ride

There's a track in brevard? Thats just down the road from me. I'm right by the avl airport.

There's a track in brevard? Thats just down the road from me. I'm right by the avl airport.

Its in Rosman,just off of 64...Called Baxleys Practice Facility or something like that...

Went there once last year. Had a good time. The dirt was awesome. I'd like to try it out again sometime. Hope they didn't get shut down.

I checked there web site yesterday. It says something about the noise ordinance. It didn't say anything about closing. Just that there is some vote going on about the noise. Sounds like the same thing that has happned to moutain home for the last 8 years.:thumbsup:

Anyone know if moutain home is still open? I haven't went out there since last year.:lol:

Mountain Home is shut down...Baxleys has faught hard and has been able to stay open...

Mountain Home is shut down...Baxleys has faught hard and has been able to stay open...

Whats the story on Moutain Home? I know they were open last year. It pisses me off they are in a industrual area that has pratically NO houses around. *** Its a GREAT track with GREAT combos. I have to say andy is a real trooper for putting up with the BS for so long.:thumbsup:

mountain home was shut down by the communists who run henderson county last summer. long gone

For good? Poor andy. He went threw thick and thin to keep that place up and running.:thumbsup:

One neighbor,that lived over by the truck stop made the complaints...The police work was pathetic, the asst DA had it out for Andy, and so did a couple of commisioners. Basically Andy admitted to letting some riders stay on track for 5min after the sceduled time he was to shut down. Result...He has to reapply for license and go throught the whole process again....

I wish I could have made it to mountain home before they got shut down again. I haven't even rode a full lap around the place. I went there back in 02 and broke my leg my first lap out. Big bad 16 year old me thought I'd go out and jump everything the first lap by just following another rider lol. I've since learned to roll everything the first few laps. I went to ride at baxley's 3 times last year and the last time I finally started jumping everything so I'm ready to go back and see what kind of lap times I can lay down.

I wish I could have made it to mountain home before they got shut down again. I haven't even rode a full lap around the place. I went there back in 02 and broke my leg my first lap out. Big bad 16 year old me thought I'd go out and jump everything the first lap by just following another rider lol. I've since learned to roll everything the first few laps. I went to ride at baxley's 3 times last year and the last time I finally started jumping everything so I'm ready to go back and see what kind of lap times I can lay down.

man that must have really sucked

you better believe it sucked lol but now 3 surgeries later I have some nice scars and I now know I'm not invincible.