Sign in to follow this  

New Race Bike

Well I just picked up my new to me mint condition 08 250xc, Bone stock with original tires. After selling my 05 300mxc race bike and my honda 450x to finance a 2010 I came across this bad boy for a smoking deal. I have done a couple quick shake downs on the street and I thinks its running rich on the bottom. Other than that I couldnt really feel the difference from my old 300.

I have a skidplate, scotts top mount and post, and ims tank on order. Future plans of rad gaurds,sharkfin, hour meter, dual rimlocks, revalve, 100w stator,ect,ect!!!! Installed cycra probends and fmf sparky.

So ktm gurus:worthy: What do I need to Know?

FMF sparky

168 main

35 idle

N8RH needle

Thanks in advance

SlikRik:thumbsup:

2010_0314Newbike20100009.jpg

This post is really convienient because I just picked up a used 2009 250 xc and was gonna post something very similar to this. Beautiful bike by the way. Looks basically untouched

A little update, Just installed moose skid plate, Scotts, And ims drybreak tank. Every thing went as expected even the crappy shroud fitment. Still need to drill out vent for tank and change over petcock, and install large knob on my scotts. I am trying to get ahold of bd to see if they can rewind stator, or just go with trailtech like I did with my 05 300.Any suggestions on stators?

2010_0317Newbike201020003.jpg

Well I took my first desert ride today and I take back my post of not noticing the difference between my old 3hundo. This 250 is pipy, with way less topend then the 3hundo, Overall had a grin ear to ear the whole time. I need to put a 46 or 47 in the rear, and heavy duty tubes. The whole time It felt like I was going to get a pinch flat. I love these ktm front brakes feels like your going over the bars:ride:

Ride on

SlikRik

Rick. What do you mean by crappy shroud fittment? Also is that the 3.7 gal tank?

I have owned many IMS tanks and they all have issues with shroud fitment. its not that big of a deal for what you get out of it:ride:

Yes its a 3.7 looks to be getting about 55 to 70 to the tank. Im sure if your not on the pipe you could get 75 to 85????

Oh yeah I got a pinch flat sunday morning ten or so miles from my house running 15lbs. Needless to say I have a HD tube in the front now.

Good to hear that it isn't that big of deal. My 3.7 IMS came in the mail today. I'll be putting it and my Tugger straps on tommorow.

I have owned many IMS tanks and they all have issues with shroud fitment. its not that big of a deal for what you get out of it:ride:

Yes its a 3.7 looks to be getting about 55 to 70 to the tank. Im sure if your not on the pipe you could get 75 to 85????

Oh yeah I got a pinch flat sunday morning ten or so miles from my house running 15lbs. Needless to say I have a HD tube in the front now.

Sorry about the flat. Same problem here only the rear tire on my maiden voyage. Decided I would go with the TuBliss ASAP. I went to a 14T CS and it made a huge difference. :thumbsup:

I was also thinking about going to tubliss and a new set of meats for the night races. I really like these bridgestones. They really seem to hook up nice (and they dont chunk). I was so nervous about scratching my new excels but after I saw the bling bing ding from the rock I hit I just figured I would bust out the sharpie after the tire iron scrapes:smirk:

I love the black rims but a Sharpie is mandatory to keep them looking good. I was there as a Sharpie for removing dents......Do the TuBliss thing. You won't regret it! Also, I've been running Bridgestone tires almost exclusively for about a year on the 4-strokes. They are GREAT tires up front but for rear tires it's a D739-AT and second would be Maxxis Desert IT. Bridgestone makes the ED78 which is a great wearing tire too but does not want to hook up in the soft stuff especially.