Sacramento area riding

My girlfriend and I are headed down to visit my brother in Winters Ca this next weekend (20th-24th). I was wondering what the conditions were like right now and if someone could point us to a couple of good areas to ride. Last spring I was down there and rode at Georgetown and Stoneyford. I'd like to try other areas this time if it's possible but don't know the area very well. Thanks a lot!

Ben

Hey Ben,

I rode with you at Georgetown last time. My friend's brother/father are coming in from Oregon and we're all headed to Georgetown for Saturday. If you want to come with us, we would be more than happy to ride with you again. Either way, give me a PM and I'll let you know some places to go aside from the two. Or call me if you still have my number.

Middle Creek, Upper Lake, CA. Im sure some of the Lake County guys would show you around.

Not sure how long to Shasta/Chappie from Winters, but it is rideable too. Maybe 2hrs from Winters straight up the 5. maybe hit it on way home???

Middle Creek, Upper Lake, CA. Im sure some of the Lake County guys would show you around.

Not sure how long to Shasta/Chappie from Winters, but it is rideable too. Maybe 2hrs from Winters straight up the 5. maybe hit it on way home???

Maybe closer to 3 hours to the staging area from Winters, but definitely worthy of a stop on the way home. Many fun trails, but up 76 and down 17 is a real fun loop. It's also absolutely gorgeous up there right now!

If you go up 76, out 2 (road) you'll eventually get to this overlook.

IMG_2488_Small.jpg

It was 2.5 hrs (per google maps) from Winters to the dam. We know map programs are always slow. Easily knock off 30 minutes driving 8 mph over the limit. Unless he is towing then he is prolly 2.5 hrs.

It was 2.5 hrs (per google maps) from Winters to the dam. We know map programs are always slow. Easily knock off 30 minutes driving 8 mph over the limit. Unless he is towing then he is prolly 2.5 hrs.

:banana: Definitely worth a stop over, either on the way down or back up north! ?

Wow, lots of options! That picture from the overlook is fantastic. Sure looks like some great riding compared to what's open around here right now. I sure appreciate all the responses. I'll have to let everyone know what we end up doing. Should be a fun trip, now if I could get a stand in to do all the family visiting stuff I could spend the entire time riding and hit all the areas.:banana: Thanks again everyone!