Sign in to follow this  

02 honda 400ex fuel problem

I have a honda 2002 400ex. my problem is that the fuel keeps draining out of the line coming out from underneath the bowl on the carb, ive taken it apart numerous times to see what the problem is, the float seems to be working right, nothings loose on the inside from what i can tell, if i rev the engine up it seems to slow down but at idle its almost a steady stream coming out of the tube from underneath. Has anyone had this problem before? Any help is much appreciated thanks

Not an uncommon problem! Either you have a bit of grit stuck under the needle valve on the float and it is being held open, or your float is adjusted to high and it keeps feeding fuel even when the bowl is full.

Most likely the bit of grit, if it happened spontaneously. When I have a stuck needle valve, I just go out an land a few huge jumps and it jars the float and unsticks it real quick!

that could be it, sometimes when i ride it doesnt leak but most of the time it does so maybe there is some dirt that keeps blocking it from going down all the way. ill check it out, thanks for the help.