Sign in to follow this  

what to do with old engine parts?

Hey guys, what does it cost to fix a cylinder like this? its perfect except for the scuffing on the back that was due to letting it idle for 30 seconds with no oil in it!! I hate to have it sitting around and would like to sell it and bring in some much needed income.. sell it as it for cheap? or fix it and sell it for full price? I dont know what to do, would like to get some money back from it if possible...

okycko.jpg

how about a ported + polished top end that was rebuilt last summer and has had 50 hours put on it before the intakes bottomed out and the shims in my hotcam shim kit wouldnt fit. I think the local guy cut the seats too deep... is there any way you can get a shim thats smaller than 1.20mm? if so, then this head will still work. it runs fine but I just didnt have a small enough shim, so I assumed it was toast and bought a new head... surely its worth something, no?

i'd just sell it as is. you might be able to get something for it on ebay...and then you won't have it lying around.

i'd just sell it as is. you might be able to get something for it on ebay...and then you won't have it lying around.

already tried that and they both went for 26$. after shipping, I would be losing money on the deal.....

oh well, i dont think you gonna get much more for it

a repair will cost more, unless maybe a hone will make the scuff marks smaller

looks like garbage to me. but depending on how deep the scuffs are, a diamond hone will be best if you have one, but a regular hone will work just fine to try and see if honing will take those down smooth.....if not, its just as good as any piece of metal.