Sign in to follow this  

What is worth the most?

I bought a basket case 87 xr600r that came with 3 lower ends and about 2.5 top ends. I have finshed 1 motor and was wondering what would be worth more, A complete motor that will cost about $200.00 to complete or just to sell the individual parts on eBay?

I bought a basket case 87 xr600r that came with 3 lower ends and about 2.5 top ends. I have finshed 1 motor and was wondering what would be worth more, A complete motor that will cost about $200.00 to complete or just to sell the individual parts on eBay?

I`m not sure,but........shipping a comnplete engine is costly,so parting it is more attractive to most people...most people are afraid of buying an engine from an unknown source for a lot of money...no guarantee the guy knew what he was doin...not saying you don`t know your stuff........but a buyer doesn`t know ya..

B

My nieghbor just sold a 85 XL350 for $1400 (my old bike) I bought for $900 20 years ago!

Parts are aplenty for the 600. I have basically got 2 motors for my 86 for about $250 on Ebay and CL.

If if it plated and running good $1000 should be easy for a complete bike. Plus many love (some hate) the dual carb setup.

For just the motor, it is a crap shoot as parts are cheap!

My vote is to get it running. It's going to be worth more running. A bike that is ready to run is worth $1000-$1500 minimum. You also don't have to deal with selling and shipping out 50 seperate items. Even if you just get the motor running, you can sell that easily as well as the electrical items.

My vote is to get it running. It's going to be worth more running. A bike that is ready to run is worth $1000-$1500 minimum. You also don't have to deal with selling and shipping out 50 seperate items. Even if you just get the motor running, you can sell that easily as well as the electrical items.

I agree with you on the running bike part.

People will pay more for a used running bike than what it sold for new back in the day.:banana:

A buddy of mine just sold his old mint 83 XL600R for 2200 bucks.

Here it is check it out, this is at his hunting cabin in northern Mi where we ride our bikes and kill stuff,and did I say drink beer.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556396&highlight=xl600r