Sign in to follow this  

HUSKY>>>>MX and Desert

Just a small rant!

TT Member since 2002, Husky owner since 2006. 2006 TC 450 current.

I'm a lurker on the TT, always looking for insight and info, maintenance tips, upgrades, or the latest mods. I got to say I'm disappointed.

When I was in the Yamaha camp (2003, 04, 05), the threads were always relevant to my riding situation and technology. Now in the Husky forum it has been consistently focused on duel-sport, the TE lineup. Yes members have posted on the "wins" of the "TXC", and "TC" line up, but little has really pushed this MX niche in the market. Always a fan, but I am hoping that Husky can break the current stereotype of plates and blinkers, a represent REAL MX/Desert bikes in the USA. I have been racing locally in So Cal for 15 years and Husky went from novelty, to interest, to contender in that period. Before that it was a legend. Now I log onto TT for the last year and its' the same "TE" this, and "SMR" that, and it's not my cup of tea. Now facing to change bikes for "MY" type of So Cal MX track and Desert riding, and not really sure if Husky can fit the bill to the FI, readably available Jap bikes that perform with ease.

Anyone out in Husky-land that can really provide local MX race results, mods, and tips, that can peak a rec/racers MX/desert interest????

as far as mx goes...not my cup of tea. as far as desert goes, my TE 510 RIPS. if you ride desert or any trails in CA, you know that a plate is quickly becoming a neccesity...i would say that has led to the popularity of the TE line. I still have my KX 500 in the stable, but when i chose a new bike to buy, it was absurd NOT to get a model that allowed me to have a plate....p.s....my plated bike NEVER touches asphalt

I agree, too much old timer dual sport stuff. Need a fresh group for better perspective and staying power. I ride MX/Desert so I know what you are talking about. Too much off topic stuff in here too.

I have seen the Husky forum grow over the last few years, but not relevent to MX, really a huge part of riding dirt bikes. A large portion of sales had to be TC's over 2008, and 2009, anyone out their like me and looking for that feedback from the track communtiy? :lol::banana:

Just a small rant!

TT Member since 2002, Husky owner since 2006. 2006 TC 450 current.

I'm a lurker on the TT, always looking for insight and info, maintenance tips, upgrades, or the latest mods. I got to say I'm disappointed.

When I was in the Yamaha camp (2003, 04, 05), the threads were always relevant to my riding situation and technology. Now in the Husky forum it has been consistently focused on duel-sport, the TE lineup. Yes members have posted on the "wins" of the "TXC", and "TC" line up, but little has really pushed this MX niche in the market. Always a fan, but I am hoping that Husky can break the current stereotype of plates and blinkers, a represent REAL MX/Desert bikes in the USA. I have been racing locally in So Cal for 15 years and Husky went from novelty, to interest, to contender in that period. Before that it was a legend. Now I log onto TT for the last year and its' the same "TE" this, and "SMR" that, and it's not my cup of tea. Now facing to change bikes for "MY" type of So Cal MX track and Desert riding, and not really sure if Husky can fit the bill to the FI, readably available Jap bikes that perform with ease.

Anyone out in Husky-land that can really provide local MX race results, mods, and tips, that can peak a rec/racers MX/desert interest????

I understand fully where you're coming from and there is a lot of good stuff coming about with Husqvarna and closed course type racing.

Pro Circuits Mitch Payton had his hands all over the 2010 Husqvarna 300 in the recent Motocross Action test. Actually Motocross Action was pretty kind to Husky saying some pretty good things about the bike: http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=AC412D487D064484AFA988D5947A6667

If you don't know Mitch Payton and Pro Circuit have a relationship that goes way back.... Actually Pro Circuit before they changed there name use to be Anaheim Husqvarna back in the 80s. Mitch changed it to Pro Circuit so he could work on other brands of bikes and the rest is history... so it's good having this guy back in our corner.

Ty Davis has been assembling an off road team for west coast racing and has had great success.

Both Scot Harden and Ty have been hands on with a lot of the magazine test and it's showing.

In Europe Husqvarna is getting back into World Motocross with some really great showings on that side of the pond.

As far as why so much attention to the TE and SM models it's pretty simple... Land is getting hard to come by for legal off-road style riding and street legal dirt bikes open up a lot of places for OHV recreation that normally aren't available to closed course models.... Husqvarna has a huge range of these street legal dirt bikes and 95% of what they sell is in that category.

Personally I'm a racer, but there is nothing I enjoy more than riding straight from my house and getting in a good 60 miles of trail with only maybe 5 miles of blacktop road and this is within only 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia PA.

What's my favorite Husqvarna? CR125!

What do I own and do most of my riding on? Husqvarna TE450... I also have a Can-Am Outlander utility quad that also gets a good workout.

JustSayen

Yep ... the TC models don't get a lot of PUB here but I think that is gonna change IF the TC models race in this years outdoor season here in the states :banana: I think this is part of the issue with no TC action ... Lack of support by the parent company ....

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME...A988D5947A6667 A 2t Husky racing on a track in a magazine finally and it was a WR! The WRs are really good but this was on a motoX track... The fire still burns but our guys need some help with the product line here...

Martin finished the year in 3rd place (in EU SX) and I guess the TC models aren't so bad ...they just have not be allowed to race here in the usa in the SX /MX ama sanctioned races :lol: ...

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=31A6A62B601548C989CAB02FE74738BA

This is the 08 450TC ... It must be bad-a$$ to get this good a rating ...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/135/1854/Motorcycle-Article/2008-Husqvarna-TC-450-Bike-Test.aspx

The TE and TXC models are very good bikes for what they do ..... I would have gotten a TC but the 08 TXC is based off the TC engine and has a 6-speed tranny with a softer suspension for the trials where I ride...

I've been really pissed about the TC \ CRs not being given a chance to race in the SX \ MX series due to the homolized or whatever the word is for allowing bikes to race in the ama races ... My 02 CR250 was a bad-a$$ and I know the newer TCs could race also ... The parent company has to do the paperwork for this to happen and they have been dragging their pencils and blocking their own brand from racing on the biggest stage in the usa ... I'm tired of all the BS excuses I have read over and over out here on the issue ...

Edited by ray_ray

I too have a 08 Husky CR 125 and love it. It was my favorite bike of all time until I rode my son's 2010 TC 250. We both play at MX and me at 51 now he's a lot more serious than me and will be racing for the first time as soon as his suspension gets back from LTR. I will post up the impressions on the suspension and an exhaust as soon as he picks one out. I would also like more MX talk but understand we have to crawl a little more before we can run. The new TC250's will help. BTW don't get a a jap bike although good bikes they really don't compare IMHO and I have had them all.

Translated from this page using Google Translation tools: http://www.moto.it/motocross/team-husqvarna-motocross-2010.html

Team Husqvarna motocross 2010

Pending the arrival of the NEW 450 motocross and enduro models with the new engine Husqvarna/BMW has taken advantage of the proximity of the house to present the official riders for the MX 2010 season.

M. Zanzani | March 15 2010

In a narrow break between heats and the other from the third round of the Italy of Gallarate, the House of Schiranna officially lifted the veil on the structure of the 2010 MX team directed by the expert Marcellino Cross 2R Brivio which operates the official Husqvarna team this year in motocross racing.

2011 will be the official return to the elite cross MX2 class, this year the heads of Varese in agreement with the property of Monaco of Bavaria chose to do another another year of experience in MX1 and MX3 the secondary classes.

It will then be at the start of the championship MX3 with Bolognese Alex Salvini, vice-champion of the class in the European championship MX2 with Andrea Vicentino Cervellin and the Slovenian Jernej IRT, both in the saddle with TC 250, and the new European League that is run 125 in conjunction with the MX1 and MX2, with the 17 year old Latvian Robert justs.

The four racers can also count on the experience of World Champion Andrea Bartolini, in addition to his role as tester is a valuable mine of advice and information.

The occasion was also to formalize the new characters joined the staff of Husqvarna: R & D manager Paul Provedani, the business manager and the manager ran Pierluigi Zampieri engines Ralf Kleid.

Husky2010MX1.jpg

Husky2010MX3.jpg

Husky2010MX4.jpg

Husky2010MX5.jpg

And what the new BMW engined Husqvarna might look like:

BMWhusqvarna11.jpg

Edited by HuskyRips

I plan on riding a few AMA Outdoor Nationals on my TC 250 this year since they are soon to be homologated. Not trying to hijack the thread, but Cafe Husky is a GREAT site where I am always posting results and pics. A guy in Bali Indonesia is running a Supercross team over there in their SX Series all aboard TC 250's so that's pretty cool. We are out there, might be few and far between, but we are there. Peace.

Blake

www.xtrm.com/superplus

I plan on riding a few AMA Outdoor Nationals on my TC 250 this year since they are soon to be homologated. Not trying to hijack the thread, but Cafe Husky is a GREAT site where I am always posting results and pics. A guy in Bali Indonesia is running a Supercross team over there in their SX Series all aboard TC 250's so that's pretty cool. We are out there, might be few and far between, but we are there. Peace.

Blake

www.xtrm.com/superplus

Blake,

I use to go over there as well. But there's just way to much bitching, dealer bashing and drama over there anymore.

People are much nicer over here.

BlipBlip/HuskyRips

It's practically the same people on both sites and I don't find all the bashing that you do.

Husky has never really built 100% USA style light weight MX bike. They do great for European MX stuff. The Japanese MX bikes are propose built for the Socal MX crowd. Husky always took the enduro bike and stripped it a little and called it a MX bike. For most it works but not according to the mags etc. For higher levels of US competition on our MX/SX tracks. Until this years 2010 TC250 they never had a purpose built MX bike IMHO.

I use to go over there as well. But there's just way to much bitching, dealer bashing and drama over there anymore.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, always like your posts.

It's practically the same people on both sites and I don't find all the bashing that you do.

No... not true!

This site has a very diverse base of membership which is made up of people from other parts of the Thumpertalk community. If anything the Thumpertalk site is huge for growing the Husqvarna brand because this is where people come to kick the tires if you know what I mean.

What I've found about that other site is it's just a little cliquey group of 20 or so people... you know like a fraternity and it's the same 20 people posting over and over.

In a way it's cool and as you know most of those people are good friends of mine, but what I like about the thumpertalk community is that there's always new faces and the community is just more diverse with a better knowledge base to pull from... you have Yamaha, KTM, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki guys exchanging stuff all the time.

Over there it's about aftermarket Husqvarna plastic or fuel tanks, why can't I get it in my color and then it evolves into a rant about how the company that makes the aftermarket stuff is junk... So much for protecting the people who make the stuff we need for our bikes.

The other issue I have with the other site was the Las Vegas dealer thread and how the moderators sided with a new guy who was pimping his dealership by taking swipes at a long time Las Vegas Husqvarna dealer. The funny thing was the guy wasn't even a Husqvarna dealer and was just gaging interest at a Husqvarna dealers expense.... again so much for protecting the Husqvarna community.

Then there was the Baja ride thread and that pretty much ended it for me over there.

For whatever the reason it just seems like the people running that site are more concerned about building website numbers instead of promoting the Husqvarna product and brand.... maybe that's why people like me and others don't post over there any more?

BlipBlip/HuskyRip :banana:

To each his own. There are always some touchy threads...no matter what the forum. I find the information much more diverse, in depth and free flowing over on CafeHusky, but I still love ThumperTalk as well. I have to admit that I don't post as much as I used to on ThumperTalk unless it's in the Northwest section.

By the way, the knock on Dean is pretty harsh! He does a lot to promote the brand. Have you seen his involvement in the EFI section and the lengths he has gone to divulge new information.

To each his own. There are always some touchy threads...no matter what the forum. I find the information much more diverse, in depth and free flowing over on CafeHusky, but I still love ThumperTalk as well. I have to admit that I don't post as much as I used to on ThumperTalk unless it's in the Northwest section.

By the way, the knock on Dean is pretty harsh! He does a lot to promote the brand. Have you seen his involvement in the EFI section and the lengths he has gone to divulge new information.

It wasn't intended to be harsh... just an observation or what I've noticed over the years.

You see one thing I learned about Husqvarna a long time ago is that it's not about widgets of the mechanics of the machine that cool.... If that was the case it wouldn't be any different than any other brand of motorcycle.

No that's not what Husqvarna is about at all.

Husqvarna is one of the few brands that transcends the sport of off road racing like no other and it's not just about cool features that gear-heads admire, but by the passion and the emotions that one feels when they think Husqvarna. It's weird but people from the Husqvarna community are like no other. It's as though there is something much deeper. What that is I'm not sure, but maybe the reason people feel so strong about brand is that it's linage has influenced the sport of off road racing like no other brand in the history of the sport.

If it wasn't for Husqvarna... Motocross in America would not have ever existed and the Americans who went to Europe and dominated the sport in the late 70s and 80s would never have gone.

If it wasn't for Husqvarna... that little bike shop in Anaheim California that we know today as Pro Circuit again would have never existed and the likes McGrath, Carmichal and Steward who have all dominated the sport like no other riders in the history of the sport... all would have been doing other things other than riding dirt bikes.

Baja, Cross Country and Enduros, would never have happened and all those jobs in the Powersport industry in Southern California again would have never have existed.

If it wasn't for Husqvarna Thumpertalk would have happened.

You see Husqvarna isn't about widgets, Husqvarna is a lifestyle, it's a religion, it's something that's alive in all of us who make up the Husqvarna community.

Me... I'm just a lowly Husqvarna evangelist spreading the word.

Amen brother:thumbsup:

BlipBlip/HuskyRips

It's about passion

Baja, Cross Country and Enduros, would never have happened and all those jobs in the Powersport industry in Southern California again would have never have existed.

huh? All those things would have happened regardless of husky IMHO. We would be reading about DeCoster / Malcolm, etc. on a CZ or Maico or OSSA or SWM or Penton or...

I get your passion and for some old timers and those close to the history your right.

For a lot of us it is simply the cool bikes. I love the brand because they build cool bikes that i love to ride. I think the history is cool but it's not what brings me to the bikes personally. I simply like to ride them more than other brands. I like that not everyone has one. I love how they turn and how they fit me ergonomically. I do like the people I have met through riding them and working in the industry, a very good group that is in fact a little more enthusiastic because we ride the off brand.

The history is great. The new wave of buyer probably know nothing about the history. You see people asking all the time who owns husky and where did they start etc. Lots of people still think they are related to the other husky and still built in Sweden. It's all good, it takes all kinds. You are doing a good job of promoting the history, it's good stuff. :banana:

Husky has never really built 100% USA style light weight MX bike. They do great for European MX stuff. The Japanese MX bikes are propose built for the Socal MX crowd. Husky always took the enduro bike and stripped it a little and called it a MX bike. For most it works but not according to the mags etc. For higher levels of US competition on our MX/SX tracks. Until this years 2010 TC250 they never had a purpose built MX bike IMHO.

I must say that I agree... It seems that none of their recent machines have been truly MX oriented, which will make it harder to get the new 2010 machines to take on in america..

In the grand scheme of things it seems that very few top notch racers in american sx and mx ride huskies. That may change fast but it will take some effort to appeal to current mx riders- many of them are pretty loyal to japanese machines.:banana:

My 08 TXC 510 rips in the desert and the last race (last year) I holeshot the bomb thx to that majic button and close ration tranny with the long 6th gear. Next race I'm doing is on the 11th but this time I have LTR revalve and my Scotts mounted. Can't wait! Over 50 hrs and no breaks. Love the bike especially now that the Zokes have been revalved.