Sign in to follow this  

KX250F 2008 Model

Hey guys!,

I am looking into buying a KX250F 2008 model and was wondering if there is any faults/weak spots in the bike that I should know about? :banana:

Thank you in advanced for your help!

Some bikes quit running from a fault in the wiring harness. If that specific bike you are looking at runs good it either never had the problem, or it was solved.

Other than that just check all normal things you would for wear.

That model year was very good and reliable.

Some bikes quit running from a fault in the wiring harness. If that specific bike you are looking at runs good it either never had the problem, or it was solved.

Other than that just check all normal things you would for wear.

That model year was very good and reliable.

Cheers dude, sounds like I will be buying it then :banana: . Any one else have any good/bad info on the bike?

the 08's seem to be very good and hear nothing but good about them... 06-08's seem to have been awesome bikes and I am sure the 09/10s are just as good!

I like the 08 the best because it doesnt have all the black plastics like the 09 and 10. The black plastics look like crap after a few rides...

I absolutely love mine. I'm coming off a 4-fiddy, and couldn't be happier. No issue with mine. (knock on wood).

Well I don't quite know yet. On the ad it says "brand new bike, started 5 times, still needs running in, straight off the show room floor" So maby they bought it for some reason and never used it? I will be contacting the seller soon and having a chat with him about it. The price is ALOT! cheaper then brand new, and I mean ALOT. Its $5000 aus, roughly 50% of the new price!

We have one. Was rock solid up to about 130 hrs. Keep in mind all maintance was done such as top ends etc........ About 140 hrs she really started to fall apart engine wise. So New head, crank, cylinder, piston, Valves and she runs better then brand new. :banana:

i bought mine from a dealership who loaned the bike to one of their riders to race the last half of a series. it didnt have many hours on it, but the guy who had it is AGGRESIVE! i have had a few problems here and there but other than that its a pretty good bike. i want a 2 stroke though:smirk: