Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a short bike with both electric and kick start

My dad is extremely inflexible.

He can touch the ground on my KDX200, but he's so inflexible he can barely get his leg on the kickstarter to fire it up, and he falls over when he tries to get off.

He's perfectly happy bashing around on an XR100, but wants more power. He thinks the KDX is wild and crazy. :banana:

Something like a TTR225 would be perfect, but is electric start only. He wants both electric and kick start.

Does something like this exist? He's actively looking at bikes at this point, and keeps asking me for advice, but I simply don't know what is available.

Thanks for your input.

It's gonna be tough, unless you want to go with a lowering link/suspension lowering of some type. I had a CRF230F, but no kicker, either. It was good on power for a smaller rider and is upgrade-able with power mods/gearing changes. Pretty mellow powerband, much like the TTR225. The KDX is a great bike (I had a 220), btw. Good Luck!

you could buy any bike you want pretty much and im sure you could find an electric start for it...

you could buy any bike you want pretty much and im sure you could find an electric start for it...

really? Please find me one for my ktm 200

cant he just push start in the unlikely event that the battery goes dead or the starter dies?

really? Please find me one for my ktm 200

i will do my best... i know there are kits you can buy for almost anything... a lot of new ktm 2 strokes come with them... as i remember

i know i thought i edited it... i guess i should bite my lip b4 i talk cus i cant find one for a 200 haha.... SO MY BAD but you can find an electric start for many models.... NOT ALL

a ttr 125 for a grown man will not be exactly a joy... but i guess he might be able to get away with it...

Yeah, I think a ttr225 will suit him fine if he keeps up with battery maintenance. There was a DR200 on craigslist the other day that I sent him a link to. I think he'd like to ride around on the street some. He's 66, he admits that going fast is very low on his list of priorities.

There's a kicker kit for the TT225 and XT225. Rumor has it the same kit will work on a TT-R225 too.