Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R rebuild

I rebuilt my 04' crf250r cylinder piston, (valves guides, seats, springs) 3pt angle done by max power. Put it togather and 2 kicks it started. shut it down to put put plastics and seat back on it. Started back up then shut down. Came back out the next day 2 go break it back in and i would not start.. Put new plug n it, still no start. took back apart and checked the timing. Put back 2gather still same. no start. Does the ignition timing mark only turn around one time as 2 the crank mark turns 2 times.. I did not check the timing mark on the ignition, but if its off y did it start so easy the first 2 times?

If you had it running and it ran normally I would be looking at something electrical if it won't run. Make sure you have spark. check all your electrical connections.

Check your valve clearance. I've seen clearances change quite a bit after initial start up, once everything has settled in.

Well i performed a leak test on it and it turns out that RPM aka Max Power is where i had my valves guides and seats valves installed did not seat them right.So had to send to someone else to have done right. What a waste of $300. Never would i reccommend going there. A friend of mine also had told me that he had to send his head back 2 times to get his right. so hopefully will be back in today and get to break her in.. yea

What did RPM say about it? Where they willing to even help you?