Sign in to follow this  

Colorado RMXA racer classifications

Hey guys,

I want to race this year, but I'm having trouble deciding what to do. I've been riding just under a year, aboard a 250. Yesterday we went watch the season opener at IMI. Initially, I thought I'd race the 250 C-class but I saw those guys yesterday and I would probably get destroyed. How long have some of these guys been riding? They seem pretty good. Would I do better in the +50/Open Beginner class? It doesn't look like there's a +25 C-class.

I would start in the beginner class,some of the guys in 250C are just coming off minibikes and could probably give some A class riders a good run

Thanks,

Yea I think I would be wayyyy out of my league in 250 C. I don't know if you were there yesterday but quite a few riders wadded up after the gate dropped in their 1st moto yesterday; it looked nasty.

Open beginner is an ok class to race. It's a little more dangerous than the +25 B/C class just due to the nature of the class being all beginners. In the +25 b/c class you would be with some better riders and it would allow you some more safe track time.

Thanks HTS! For now, I think I'll check out a few more races first and chat up some of the racers in different classes; see what they think.

Might I suggest Wednesday Night Racing at Aztec? They start Mar 31. It is a great and inexpensive way to begin racing.

I would like to try it, but I'll probably have to take time off and leave work early to make it. I work in downtown Denver, and would have quite a drive to get to the track.