Sign in to follow this  

2009 530EXC - shifting under power difficulties

Has anyone had an issue with an EXC being difficult to go into 3rd gear at hard acceleration or WOT? I have this issue with my '09 530 when shifting up from 2nd to 3rd under HARD throttle. I am using the clutch and the shift lever is moving of course but wont go into gear unless I let off the throttle and let the revs fall then try again and it will go into 3rd. I dont seem to have this issue any where else. I am running 14/48 gearing and the Motorex 10/50 oil in the transmission if that matters...just looking for some input..anyone?

Have you checked to see how much oil is in your tranny? Noticed any engine oil loss recently? Have you done the '11 upgrades? I'm wondering if your seal is bad and maybe have too much oil in tranny and would maybe cause it hard to shift.

Mine doesn't have any issues shifting under WOT in any gear. Very smooth. My bike is newer though and I have no idea on the condition of your bike.

I'm sure others will chime in. Lot of help on ktmtalk as well.

Too much oil will cause clutch creep and shifting difficulties, also wrong oil or probably old oil. I would try different oil in the transmission and make sure clutch is working properly.