Sign in to follow this  

need help what years will fit

wandering if 2000 or newer forks will fit on 1999 250sx. I like the inverted forks looks better and was wandering if anyone knows if you can put a set on the 99 model. Am I wasting my time or are they actually better than the old style.

I also was wandering what years the exspansion chambers fit on also. I need to get a new one but would like to buy a used one so I can look at more years than just the 99.

Edited by jackson409

the 99 WP Extreme 50mm forks are considered to be real good, even by todays standards. So newer probly wont be better, just different. The forks from the 00 thru 02 are 43mm and they fit with the correct triple clamps that go with them, 03 and newer are 48mm and they too fit with the right triple clamps. Now the latest forks from 09-10 Im not sure if they swap, but I think they do too.

Ok so they won't just bolt on? I would have to convert the triple clamps too? so I should just keep the ones on it now? That is if you are saying the forks on it now are just as good as the inverted ones.

Keep the ones you have unless you want to spend a lot of money on an old bike.

And yes, you would have to convert the triple clamps and your front wheel will not fit either. Different size axle. At least on the 03 and up bikes. I don't think the 00-02 wheel will fit either but I'm not totally sure on that since it might be the same diameter axle.