Sign in to follow this  

Which plastics are the best ???

Going to reskin my 02 WRF 250, having hard time finding 02 plastic. don't know which company to go with ACERBIS.... UFO.... CYCRA.... OEM . I know YZF rear fender fits, Not sure if rad covers will ?

I would have to disagree with the above post, bought polisport plastics just a few weeks ago and although the front and rear mudguards were a decent fit the rad shrouds and side panels were poor fitting and not brilliant quality so replaced them with UFO which are much better and screw straight on with no adjustments to the holes.

I have not priced the plastic for the 01-02 style YZF, but from what I see with the 03-05 and 06+ bikes, the OEM plastic is priced very competitively with the aftermarket stuff, at least for the Yam blue parts. If you want to go to white or yellow, then aftermarket is less expensive. If you want to go black (and I don't understand "why"), then aftermarket is the only choice.

As to quality and durability, the OEM stuff is good stuff.

Check the Cycra powerflows. they look great and serve a purpose as well.

Acerbis all the way. Use the aluminum hole inserts from your stock ones or order new.

They make all the plastic for KTM, holds up the best. UFO is okay, the rest is second best. The factory stuff turns white and blotchy, scratches too easily.

I just replaced all the plastic on our new one with white Acerbis. Will save the oem pieces for resale time. TT shipped everything in a day from Parts Unlimited, best prices too.

I just looked up that year and there are at least stock blue pieces available, perhaps white and black but you'll have to hunt through the listings. Acerbis or UFO.

all i can say is forget polisport, very poor quality, no holes for mounting so its easy to drill imperfect, and at all the edges it has a sharp feel... it could be it is the cheapest choise, but the worst