Sign in to follow this  

G450X Susp.Revalve-Dicks or E.E. whats best?

Whos happy with their revalve? I called E.E. and they said they have some expeirence with the G450x. Seems like Dicks has done a few also...looking to set it up for enduro-mostly rock runs.

BTW, whats the deal with the longer chain slider that comes with the bike?

Dicks...........he is currently supporting a national enduro racing effort and doing weekly testing. Tell him Jason sent you.

09-10 G450X rear shock has some massive changes internally, simply re-valving isn't going to duplicate the 2010 rear Ohlins performance in a 2009 shock. Ohlins does not have the new piston or cap available yet to make these upgrades to 2009 shocks, however Speedbrain does if you wish to send in to them as they will not send out the necessary parts for the upgrade alone.

Nothing innovative in the front 45mm Zokes though, any good tuner with Marzocchi experience will help out a ton in that dept on the 2009's, but the biggest thing is to get some break-in time on the forks before providing feedback to your tuner.

Becareful!!!!!, mine(2009) was completly loose inside!!!!!, I remove 1 shim from forks and now its working really well

KTM rider Brian Sperle has had Dicks take care of his for some time. Very happy. Many

championships and gold medals. Takes his suspension with him to the ISDE.

Thanks for the info...taking it out this Sunday for the first time. I know its going to be tough as I have about 3 years of setup time on my CRF and it couldnt be much better (aside from the occasional Honda-hard to start issue). Really hoping I can get this bike setup good enough to do some races on it.