Sign in to follow this  

acct/mcct

Hey guys. Pulled my acct and am curious what you guys think of the stick out. I think its out pretty far. I matched my mcct stick out and saw a few pics on here showing more threads exposed on the lock nut side then mine. I just want to confirm my cam chain with those more experienced with this. I want to ride it so bad especially since I'm off for 2 days and the weather is nice. But if the chain is, well from the pic of the tensioner is stretched or not advised I wont. I'm placing an order through tt next week and rather get it all at once.

While I'm at it can someone give me a link to a downloadable manual. I intend to change the cam chain and do all the locktite fixes.

Photo0049.jpg

I am not certain but I would think that since ACCT is spring loaded, it would protrude further uninstalled than it does installed. Install your MCCT and tighten it until the sound just goes away and call it good.

The acct does fully extend once removed. On mine I was able to see where it had been by the wear on the ratchet teeth. I dont think you should use the acct to guage the mcct install. Just go by your mcct installation instructions.

If I were you I wouldn't risk just fitting an MCCT without knowing the condition of your cam chain.

If it has stretched (which is highly likely if you've racked up some miles with the ACCT) and it fails your wallet will cry.

Get a caliper and measure the chain for stretch, or get someone else to do it.

Then if neccessary install a new chain, MCCT, and whilst you are at it do all the loctite fixes.

Cheers,

Con

what year is your bike, that's a good determination of how long the acct has been in there to know if the chain could be stretched. If it's a newer bike then you should be all set. Like gtlegacy said, don't use that as a guide for the mcct. install the mcct by sound

ah ok guys. its a 2000. 6000 miles. I thought I heard a like ticking but it is constant and does not change sound at different rpm. I began to think it was something shaking because it is not always making noise.

What sort of mileage would dictate a new cam chain? I have just over 2k on my 2008 and I want to change to a MCCT soon, should I play it safe and get the new chain or just install the MCCT?

is it normal that it doesnt push back in? looks like teeth are inside of it unless its a spring. There was also blue locktite on the 2 allen screws that mount it.

Can someone provide a measurement for the cam links? My local stores dont have a manual so I'm going to order it next week through tt along with a few other things including the cam chain.

well I figured out how the acct works. removed the small bolt at the end and rotated the screw. It works very well. Just got my mcct installed and I'm putting it back together now.

thanks for the help guys. I wish I never made this thread but am glad to have at least asked the stupid question without stupid mistake.