Sign in to follow this  

Least restrictive 2T spark arrestor???

Honestly Im yet to see a FMF spark aresstor pipe that doesnt spooge. That being said I love my FMF Q Stealth

Now that I've got my jetting down, I'm getting nearly zero spooge(just a black ring around the muffler outlet) with my FMF Turbine Core 2 on my YZ.

pipes don't spooge, incorrect jetting does

Take a look through the Yamaha 2 stroke section, you will see that with the Q Stealth, you will spooge no matter what your jetting is unless you're so lean you're risking seizing your motor. If you get to examine the core size of the Q stealth you'll see its alot larger than other 2 stroke pipes which significantly drops the flow velocity of the exhaust. This gives the unburnt oil particles enough time to regroup and pool in the exhaust. I can switch to other exhausts and be jetter perfectly fine without spooging but unless you're stupidly lean with FMF exhausts they're gonna spooge

Thank god people are finally getting it right in that some bikes and some oils and some pipes will spooge no matter what! A cure is to keep the pipe hot because as mentioned directly above, the length of the pipe and length of the silencer is WAY far away from the engine and by the time it gets to the silencer it is cool enough to condense and coagulate on the inside of the pipe causing spooge regardless of velocity.

I also have an fmf q stealth with a gnarly platinum on a suzuki and never had a problem with spooge from day one and didn't even have to rejet, however, if you are still having problems and while I did this to reduce noise and eliminated burning myself of the kids if I crash in addition to allowing me to ride farther into cooler weather without jetting, I wrapped the pipe from the header to the silencer with titanium header wrap and it's the best sh!t EVER. Keeps the heat in and smoke down and it's far better than the fiberglass header wrap which fell apart in a year and turned white. With the titanium you don't need any of that stupid spray, either which just burns off.

So keep the heat in and if any jetting still spooges, try the wrap which I think I did the pipe for with some 1 inch and 2 inch for under $50.