Sign in to follow this  

i just cant win!

so i just received my emn needle for my E so i took the intake boot off, put the power bomb header on then the disassemble of the rear sub frame to get the carb off. so i pull the carb off and theirs grime all over the bowl, somethings wrong apparently two of the three bowl screws have fallen out! great its Sunday afternoon and no one i call is open or has metric 4MM screws. Luckily the hobby store i called had some for a temp fix. so got the new main in and needle adjusted the fuel screw cleaned everything got her back together, great i forgot all about taking the cost enricher off! so apart again and got it off then put all back together, so i go to put my yosh pipe back on and theres a huge ***$ing dent in it, ahhhhhh what the f!! so after looking from where it came from i looked under the rear fender and see tire scuffs then it clicked together my works aluminum rear caliper cover must have hit the pipe when the tire stuffed!! now i had the pipe for two years, guard was put on last summer, bike has been valved from Kessler last summer and i don't jump it its my woods bike thats what i got the rmz450 for. so anyone else having this problem? could it be because my shock bearings have some play? anything else could be causing this and how am i gonna get the dent out. ill take a few pics in a couple minutes so yous can see.

Is your pipe mounted correctly? when I first mounted my Yosh, I used some of the original stuff and some of the Yosh stuff, Mainly the original rubber mount.

I was riding Sm so no worries. I rode an MX track last year and was worried about my travel so I took the pipesnake off and remounted the rear of the pipe. The Yosh bracket puts it almost 2" farther away from the center of the bike so it looks like it will miss the tire and caliper on full compression. Check yours and post pics from the rear.

i don't know what a pipe snake but the yosh rear bracket is movable and the mid mount lines up perfect. i cant understand whe the hell this happened even after owning the bike new since 02. i use to jump it on small tracks nothing crazy and now that a bought the 450 new in 07 for that reason my dr is woods only again and its set back up again for it and for no apparent reason this shit happens. if it wasn't for bad luck id have no luck at all!

no one else can comment? i cant be the only one who has ever had this problem

lay a straight edge on right edge of the tire up to the pipe to check clearance.

any chance you crashed & bent the sub-frame over to the left?

missing the spacer thats used to mount the can to the sub-frame?