Sign in to follow this  

can my bike be sold for 2800

Its a 2005 crf 250r just put in new intake valves new wiseco piston and new wiseco crank assembly kit so it has a new bottom and top end only road it around the block a few times and it has a powerbomb header can it be sold for 2800 or what do you guys think

I picked up my 08 CRF250R for 2.1 and that was from a guy who had sponsors throwing stuff at him and just wanted to get rid of it. 2.8 sounds reasonable, I've seen some one trying to sell a 1998 for 1.4.

I don't know if you're going to be that lucky. I know of an 07 that had around 60 hrs on it and it sold for $2800. Going rate on an 05 is somewhere between $1600 and $2200 depending on the condition. In most cases, it's almost worth keeping specially after all the work people put into them. You may get lucky and sell it for $2800. Stranger things happen! Good luck regardless!

damn, you already got your bottom end in? didnt you have the post stating there was metal shavings everywhere in there?

damn, you already got your bottom end in? didnt you have the post stating there was metal shavings everywhere in there?

well no i didnt get it together yet but i put i rode it around the block a few times because thats what im going to do when i get it done lol but im still waiting on the crank and one of those clutch holder tools. got the top end off though im just tryin to see if 2800 is cool with having a brand new bootom asnd top end because i see people arounf hear selling 05s for like 2300-2500 sometimes more that i garantee need valves and a topend at least. i got brand new intake valves in there too

You probably would have been better off selling as is... most people don't consider any work done to a bike when negotiating price, regardless if its a brand new head, top end, bottom end, etc.