Sign in to follow this  

cleaining up the inside of the pipe

I have 2 stock pipes for my 125. I'm thinking about doing some dremel work on the flange and the first part of the welds on the inside of one of them. The flange appears to be restricting the opening by a 1/16" or so. Am I wasting my time? Better off watching supercross re-runs and drinking beer?

Or maybe go outside for a jog. You'll get better lap times by being in shape than grinding those off. Actually I don't think you'd notice any difference.

Yeah I was wondering this myself. Is cleaning the inside of the pipe needed? Does it even make a difference?

For sound.

My brothers 125 pipe however had 1/4 inch of buildup around the whole inside, I tried to pick it out but it was caked on hardcore. I wish I had a picture of it, I have never seen a pipe in such bad shape internally. It had literally looked like it was bought when the bike was new 9 years ago, and never ever taken off and cleaned since. There was a hole in the resonator and the rear silencer flange where it met up with the pipe had a hole in it as well. Packing was almost pure carbon, I couldn't remove the cap, so I just said **** it and put it back together.

If it comes off again, I'll get a pic, then you'll know why you should clean your pipe once in a while.

For sound.

My brothers 125 pipe however had 1/4 inch of buildup around the whole inside, I tried to pick it out but it was caked on hardcore. I wish I had a picture of it, I have never seen a pipe in such bad shape internally. It had literally looked like it was bought when the bike was new 9 years ago, and never ever taken off and cleaned since. There was a hole in the resonator and the rear silencer flange where it met up with the pipe had a hole in it as well. Packing was almost pure carbon, I couldn't remove the cap, so I just said **** it and put it back together.

If it comes off again, I'll get a pic, then you'll know why you should clean your pipe once in a while.

I take my head pipe to a local radiator shop, they have acid bathes:thumbsup: I leave my pipe and they submerge it over night, pipe comes out cleane than new, inside and out.

MAX!!!