Sign in to follow this  

TTR125 Kid's bike no start

Well,

My son's bike had been sitting (inside a tent) all winter. We took it out yesterday, pulled the carb and cleaned it all out. At first we were getting no fuel in the bowl; cleaned out that little needle valve that the floats operate. Now we are getting gas running out the overflow but can't make the bike run.

We are getting spark, and it will burn carb cleaner sprayed in there for a couple seconds.

What should we do next? I'm wondering if we might have to replace the float assembly? Bend that little tab to get less fuel in the bowl? Replace all jets?

Looking for ideas...thanks.

Clean the jets or put new jets in. Adjust float, also check the overflow tube inside the bowl for leaks. Pour some alcohol into the bowl while off the carb up to just below the overflow and see if it leaks out. SOmetimes the little tube inside the bowl will get pinhiles in it and it will always leak no matter what the float setting.

+1 on cleaning the jets. these little carbs float stick alot from my experience so every time i take my wifes 125 i give the float bowl a good tap with a screw driver and it starts every time.

Thanks.

How do I set the floats correctly? It looks like there's no screw or anything and I have to bend the little tab?

Where do I measure, and what numbers do I use?