How tight

If you wrench your own bikes, a torque wrench is a must have! Some bolts such as your fork clamp bolts must be torqued to the correct ft. lbs.

As a tip, you should have three different sizes of ratchets. 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2". Use the smallest ratchet for the small bolts 10mm and smaller. The 3/8" ratchet for 10mm to 15mm or so and the 1/2" for the large bolts.

The smaller ratchet makes it harder to crank down on bolts and will help prevent you from stripping one out. Still, you need to know when to say when.

M6 is a 6mm metric bolt same goes for M8

and the nM is the amount of torque (which can convert to ft/lbs) which you set your torque wrench to. If it doesnt say in the actual procedure for the cases than it is usually at the start of the manual in the torque settings and may be for example for m6 flange bolts = 10nM

M6 is a 6mm metric bolt same goes for M8

and the nM is the amount of torque (which can convert to ft/lbs) which you set your torque wrench to. If it doesnt say in the actual procedure for the cases than it is usually at the start of the manual in the torque settings and may be for example for m6 flange bolts = 10nM

Thanks tek that's what I was looking for!!

Be careful when you get your torque wrench, you still want to use your inner torque wrench + your torque wrench and compromise between them.

And don't make my mistake and torque your bolts while listening to music with a quiet-clicking sound of a Harbor Frieight torque wrench. I didn't hear the click and snapped my oil filter cover top bolt that goes into the low-end case. I ended up having to drain the oil and pull off the engine cover and use a gnarly plier to twist out the 0.025 in. of broken bolt sticking out of the case. Luckily I got it out and didn't have to drill it. To my relief, all I need is a new 6x75mm bolt.

Be careful! Try and learn from my mistake and not your own.

Nm is a newton meter with is a kg times meter per second squared times a meter :-D

or in otherwords, 1 kg = 9.8 Newtons

to apply a torque of 9.8 N*m you can use a meter long wrench and apply a force of 9.8 N or 1 Kg at the end

or use a 0.5 meter wrench and 19.6 N on the end will give you also 9.8 Nm torque and so on...