Sign in to follow this  

crf250r 07 over heating

i have a crf250r 07 which keeps over heating. i put pure coolant in it up to the top of the radiator but it still over heats. it even gets really hot whilst its ticking over before i ride it. does any one know why does this?

Straight coolant is not good to begin with. It should be a 50/50 mix with distilled water. That's probably not making it overheat though. Either there's a restriction or the waterpump is not circulating the coolant. It could also be that your jetting is jacked up, but you didn't mention that it's been running fine and this started just recently. Also, how many hours roughly are on the engine?

hi, its been running fine and its only just started over heating. the engine is roughly on 20 to 25 hours as it only had 10 hours use when i bought it around 2 weeks ago.

thanks

If it's sitting on the stand idleing for a while, it's normal that it will overheat. It can't stay running for a long period of time without air moving through the radiators. If this is what you're experiencing, it's normal. It's also normal to have some coolant come out of the overflow tube after a hard moto. If your just riding through the trails somewhat casual and it's overheating, I'd check the waterpump. There's a little hole under the waterpump cover. Does any coolant leak out of there or just out of the overflow tube coming from the top of the radiator? I watch this happen all the time when guys are sitting at the start line and the coolant is pouring out of them because they've been running for a long time. It's a lot different than the 2-strokes.

ok, i think theres just coolant coming out of the over flow pipe out of the radiator but il check again. i think your right that its just because its been running for a while without air going through the radiators. thanks for all your help.

ok, i think theres just coolant coming out of the over flow pipe out of the radiator but il check again. i think your right that its just because its been running for a while without air going through the radiators. thanks for all your help.

Anytime!