Sign in to follow this  

Finally figured the jet kit out.

Finally figured everything out on the jet kit for my 230. I put the slide in backwards :banana::lol:. Runs great now and everything I only have one problem when I rev the motor up and let off the twist grip it stays idleing a little high then drops down.

I was actually thinking about the high idle then dropping. Maybe it I took and turned the fuel screw out a bit to let more fuel in would solve the problem. Any suggestions? Should I try messing with the fuel screw?

I was actually thinking about the high idle then dropping. Maybe it I took and turned the fuel screw out a bit to let more fuel in would solve the problem. Any suggestions? Should I try messing with the fuel screw?

The easiest was I've found to check the fuel screw is to turn your idle way down, then turn the fuel screw a little one way or the other, rev the engine for a second or 2 and then give it a few seconds to rest. You want to find the spot where it idles the highest. Going too far one way or the other will cause it to idle even lower and possibly stall. Once you find the sweet spot readjust your idle.

Figured it out. Gonna go ride Wednesday or Thursday, then check everything over after about 20 minutes of ride time.

Oh airmaxx23 I appreciate your help along the way of this jetting and fork seals. Thanks a bunch.

Oh airmaxx23 I appreciate your help along the way of this jetting and fork seals. Thanks a bunch.

Not a problem. This place has helped me out a lot also.